by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
PF are dunderheads – MuchelekaBy Thomas Mulenga on 18 Mar 2019
UPND deputy secretary general says the Patriotic Front is practicing politics which are alien to Zambia in order to disadvantage the opposition because they are dunderheads.
In an interview, Mucheleka charged that because the PF “had a terrible candidate in Bahati”, they tried to kidnap UPND’s “popular” candidate, Jerry Bwalya.
“The PF have reduced the level of politics in this country to an extent of engaging themselves in something alien to this country, I don’t know where they are getting these things from, are they really Zambians? Is this something that they have gotten from Malawi or somewhere? Because not even in Malawi do we hear of such nonsense; attempting to kidnap opposition candidates, to bribe and blackmail candidates,” Mucheleka said.
“It is strange, it is unZambian. We are aware in Mansa they have such a terrible candidate contesting on their ticket and they are admiring our popular candidate, hence they have been devising ways and means of hijacking him, they went to his mother’s house, they have gone to his relatives in Bahati, threatening them…the same nonsense they were doing in Sesheke. They don’t just learn, I don’t know what type of people they are, they are dunderheads! It’s not that we are insulting them but surely what kind of people are they who do such things for the sake of winning elections? Only dunderheads can do such things as inflicting pain on fellow Zambians. Surely in this time and era we should be hiding our candidates and only unveil them during nominations?”
Mucheleka said PF’s poor leadership was denting Zambia’s image.
“Let us exercise civility, let’s campaign freely. Ourselves with our alliance partners we are saying can our campaigns be based on issues, we don’t want violence. The economy of this country is in shambles; look at the high poverty and corruption levels. Zambians are looking for men and women who can deliver this country from the hands of these fellows who have reduced this country to its lowest. Our image is in tartars everywhere in the world,” Mucheleka said.
Meanwhile, Mucheleka explained why the opposition alliance had decided to present a united front in Bahati and Roan.
“We are supporting the NDC candidate Mr. Chishala and the reason is simple, an injury to one is an injury to all. In Roan we decided to stand in solidarity with the NDC, that seat belonged to Chishimba Kambwili and you are aware that he had fallen victim under the machinations of the PF in the same way that they have been doing all sorts of injustice on all of us, especially on our leader Hakainde Hichilema. And now what we have been going through has also been extended to NDC. When NDC is injured, UPND equally feel injured and for that reason we are standing together. Hence the decision that all opposition alliance member political parties will support NDC in Roan and that they will all support the UPND in Bahati,” said Mucheleka.
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,743 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,939 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,618 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,224 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,187 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend