by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
We won’t fall for PF trap to give UPND MPs at NDF sanctions – HHBy Thomas Mulenga on 4 May 2019
UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema says people like Lusaka Province minister Bowman Lusambo can only be ministers in the PF “animal farm” government.
And Hichilema says PF had set a trap for UPND to give MPs attending the National Dialogue Forum sanctions, but the party won’t fall for it.
Speaking at the opposition alliance press briefing, Thursday, Hichilema said people like Lusambo would never be ministers in a UPND led government.
He was commenting on allegations that Lusambo caused the death of NDC Lusaka youth chair Obed Kasongo.
“Nobody should die at the hand of another person. We know that there is a break down in the rule of law and we have citizens being brutlaised and having their rights infringed upon like it happened with Chishimba Kambwili at a radio station in Kabwe. Previously, some people used to think that it was just UPND when we complained about the breakdown in the rule of law. What happened in Kabwe happened to us at Sun FM, I had to go through the roof. Time has come for all of us as citizens to take responsibility to restore the rule of law in this country. This is why we have come together as an alliance because we realise that this is not a battle for one political party,” Hichilema said.
“Just imagine Bowman Lusambo attacking a citizen and this guy is supposed to be a minister, is he worthy of being a minister? No! maybe in an animal farm government like the PF. Certainly you will not see in the UPND government, in the alliance government, ministers of that nature, they will not be there. We have no leadership in this country to maintain the rule of law, to protect citizens.”
Hichilema said those in leadership were killing citizens instead of protecting them.
“There is everything wrong with the PF thuggery in leadership today. You get elected in public office to look after citizens, today it is those in public office who are killing citizens and they remain in your offices, they continue receiving tax payer’s salaries. But we are watching, Zambians are watching, it is not an NDC issue. Who killed Mapenzi Chibulo? We have got opposition members living with bullets in their bodies, bullets fired by state agents. Those people go to UTH, doctors are afraid of treating them because they will be fired. This is the country with break down in the rule of law and selective application of the law. As citizens you need to question these things. We should not allow the shutting down of the media; Prime TV. You all remember what happened to Muvi TV, the Post, Itezhi-tezhi radio, what happened to Chipata yesterday…there is no country to talk about anymore. We want to say that as a team we are still committed, we are not afraid, we shall continue,” Hichilema said.
Meanwhile, Hichilema said UPND would not given sanctions to its MPs attending the NDF because it was a trap.
“We said to MPs that they were supposed to make their own decision based on their own conscience and we are proud that the greater majority of UPND MPs including late Patricia Mwashingwele took a decision that this was illegal and she stood up to say so, she woke up from hospital bed to come and say to members that this was illegal, and imagine losing such a person during such a critical time where we need strong people, she goes down as a freedom fighter for all of us,” Hichilema said.
“Certain other MPs made that decision to attend, conscious decision. We will not apply any sanction against them, absolutely nothing. Because at that stage every individual was supposed to make a conscious mature decision. And let me tell you, PF designed such an act so that we could impose sanctions on our MPs and shift our attention from serious issues to start dealing with our MPs, we will not do that, we are smarter than that. it’s up to MPs to examine their own consciences and ask themselves if what they are doing is representing the people who elected them. But we expect all MPs for UPND and other to vote against this bill when it’s taken to Parliament.”
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (8,072 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (3,299 views)
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (2,751 views)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (2,440 views)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (2,234 views)
- Chief Mukuni urged people to vote UPND in 2016, reveals Commission of Inquiry
- Enemies want to divide us as we get to 2021 – Lungu
- PF rule has no respect for human life – ZCCB
- Load shedding, kwacha depreciation slashing business performance – BCI
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend