by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
Lundazi MP rewrites G12, as he awaits ruling on his 2016 election petitionBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 8 Nov 2019
Lundazi Central Independent member of parliament Lawrence Nyirenda says he sat for General Certificate Education (GCE) Grade 12 examinations this year to upgrade his results.
This is amidst his election being challenged in the Constitutional Court by 2016 Lundazi constituency losing independent candidate Bizwayo Nkunika, who petitioned the Court to declare the parliamentary seat vacant, alleging that the current Independent member of parliament did not hold a full Grade 12 certificate.
But Nyirenda, however, admitted to News Diggers! that he sat to re-write his Grade 12 GCE exams this year at Lundazi Boarding School in order to upgrade his results.
“Good afternoon, Diggers! Yes, I sat for G12 GCE 2019 just to upgrade my subjects and I upgraded them to the grades of credits and merits. Qualification for MP to contest the election is to have a G12 certificate or its equivalent,” Nyirenda responded.
And according to a transcript of his GCE results on exam number 79414500, Nyirenda achieved the following grades: “Eng 6; CVCEDU 6; RE 7; Maths 9 and Bio 5.”
According to the court record, Nyirenda submitted that during the 2016 general elections, all his qualifications were certified as per instruction from ECZ and that the commission was satisfied.
He explained that ECZ Lundazi Constituency presiding officer George Banda returned his Grade 12 certificate to him because his tertiary certificates were enough for him to contest the elections.
“ECZ, Lundazi Constituency presiding officer Mr George Banda received all my five certificates and he was satisfied with them according to Electoral Commission of Zambia qualification requirements. He categorised my qualifications into two parts, that is ‘my Grade 12 certificate belonged to part A’ and my tertiary certificates belonged to part ‘B’,” stated Nrirenda in June 2019 during a hearing.
“He collected all the four tertiary certificates and recorded them on the same ECZ form under part ‘B’, as for my grade 12 certificate he returned it to me and said all the tertiary certificates were enough for me to contest the elections thus no provision has been violated.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister - 15 Nov 2019
- I won’t be drawn into discussing MMD affairs – Rupiah - 14 Nov 2019
- Lungu has worked hard enough to retain presidency in 2021 – Mwila - 14 Nov 2019
- Nyimba farmers cry foul for being deprived of inputs - 14 Nov 2019
- Power cut forces UNZA to cancel exams midway through - 14 Nov 2019
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (8,317 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (1,796 view)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (1,605 view)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (1,138 view)
- KCM workers, exam pupils hospitalised in Chingola after inhaling toxic gas from Nchanga Mine (1,065 view)
- Chief Mukuni urged people to vote UPND in 2016, reveals Commission of Inquiry
- Enemies want to divide us as we get to 2021 – Lungu
- PF rule has no respect for human life – ZCCB
- Load shedding, kwacha depreciation slashing business performance – BCI
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend