- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Police should interrogate GBM – CKBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Feb 2020
Police, get GBM so that he tells you who is behind the gassing, but please don’t tell us its UPND or the opposition because that’s nonsense, says NDC leader Chishimba Kambwili.
And Kambwili says some PF officials warned him to stay away from the Law Association of Zambia-organised Bill 10 discussion on Monday saying cadres were going to disrupt it.
Speaking to journalists at the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court, Tuesday, Kambwili said the Ministry of Home Affairs and Police were not serious in the manner in which they were handling the gassing incidents.
He urged the Police to get PF national mobilization vice chairperson Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba to tell them people who were behind the gassing, as he claimed to know them.
“I think Zambia Police, Ministry of Home Affairs are not serious over this issue of gassing. We are playing hide and seek. And the people of Zambia will now start thinking that the government is involved in this scheme to try and threaten its own citizens. Because we have gone through this before, zero option, black mamba, this is exactly what happened. No arrests have been made [and] we are not being told anything. And here comes a senior member of PF saying ‘I know who are behind this, they started planning five years ago’. Police what are you doing? Here is a man volunteering that he knows those who have planned that and today people are still being gassed and you are sitting. Go and get GBM, let him tell you who are behind this,” Kambwili said.
“But please, don’t tell us the nonsense that ‘no its UPND, its the opposition’ because that is a lot of nonsense. GBM must tell you who is behind this and [you should] arrest them. If you fail to arrest by today or tomorrow, because there is a witness who is saying; ‘I know them’, then all of you in the police starting with you minister resign on moral grounds then you are useless.”
And Kambwili condemned the disruption of the Bill 10 discussion, revealing that some PF supporters warned him it would happen.
“Some people from PF called me and said ‘boss please don’t go to the Law Association of Zambia Bill 10 discussion at Intercontinental Hotel because they have organised cadres to come and disrupt it and some people maybe injured’. I even told Gary Nkombo in advance that where you are going, PF are coming to disrupt the gathering, and they thought I was joking. So when those PF cadres entered the auditorium, I already knew what they were there for. But this is the party in government that can go and disturb a very civil, well intended gathering where the people of Zambia expected to hear the truth on Bill 10 because the lawyers are the ones who know the law. So the people of Zambia expected to learn something from LAZ and it’s members. But what PF did is unacceptable,” Kambwili said.
He said the country would be turned into a bloodbath if Zambians did not rise to the PF’s “unbecoming behavior”.
“That’s why I’m saying, if Zambians don’t rise to this unbecoming behaviour by PF, this country is going to be turned into a bloodbath. I condemn in all strongest terms and with the contempt it deserves, the behaviour of PF cadres at Intercontinental last night (Monday). I appeal to President Lungu, Secretary General Mwila, and all senior members of PF please we don’t deserve this, Zambia doesn’t deserve this. Even if you want to stay in power in perpetuity, is this the way you can behave? You have stooped so low, this is unacceptable. This has never happened to Zambia and my heart bleeds as I speak to you over this issue,” said Kambwili.
“When there is violence in elections, they say ‘its not the PF’, but there (at Intercontinental Hotel) it was. Not a political gathering but they go and disrupt it, what a shame. We deserve better, Zambia is for all of us its not only for PF.”
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Ex court official gets 7 years for obtaining money by false pretences - 6 Apr 2020
- Topstar wants to help PF’s continued stay in power, insists Kalaba - 6 Apr 2020
- Mambwe’s idiots remarks were demeaning, UNZA tells court - 3 Apr 2020
- Businessman convicted for stealing 36,000 litres of TAZAMA diesel - 3 Apr 2020
- It’s pretty much premature to shut down Zambia – IRMZA - 3 Apr 2020
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,249 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,748 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,376 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,171 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,816 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend