- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
Mutati orders audit of Saturnia Pension sagaBy Mukosha Funga on 31 May 2017
Finance Minister Felix Mutati has directed the Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) to appoint an independent auditor to assess the financial and operational governance of Saturnia Regna; Zambia’s largest private pensions scheme.
In a letter addressed to PIA registrar Martin Libinga, Mutati said that the audit should be undertaken and completed within thirty days.
“I am directing you to appoint an independent auditor to assess the matter that has arisen in the Saturnia Regna Pension Fund. The audit should be undertaken and completed within thirty days,” wrote Mutati, according to a statement issued by Finance Ministry public relations head Chileshe Kandeta.
Recently, News Diggers! reported that the fate of over K2 billion held in trust for contributors is at stake as bickering and fraud allegations at Saturnia Regna Pension Fund take center stake.
Munakupya Hantuba and several other prominent businessmen, including Hakainde Hichilema have been named in a controversial shareholding structure of Africa Life Financial Services, Menel Management Services and Benefits Consulting Services Ltd – companies which are behind the management of the private pension Fund.
The Board of Trustees has been calling for an Annual General Meeting in an attempt to change the Fund managers, but the latter has sought the court’s intervention although unsuccessful.
Fund administrators (Benefits Consulting Services Ltd) rejected the latest proposal for a meeting which was scheduled to take place yesterday, stating that the current Board of Trustees members were no longer recognized by Saturnia.
Saturnia Regna Pension Fund administrators went further to state that a new list of Board Trustee members had been proposed and the candidates were ready for elections.
But the PIA stepped in and mediated a meeting between the trustees and Benefits Consulting on May 26, at which it was resolved that the AGM would be held on July 14.
And yesterday, Libinga said the successful holding of an Annual General Meeting would help resolve the issues at Zambia’s largest private pensions scheme.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- Govt threatens to cancel CBU unions’ licenses for locking up VC - 23 Jan 2018
- Amnesty International seeks protection for Pilato - 23 Jan 2018
- PF cadres attack Kambwili’s supporters at Central Police - 23 Jan 2018
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges - 23 Jan 2018
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves - 22 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Antonio too young for politics of the belly
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend