- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Enesi Kaoma on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
LAZ application to join Post liquidation comes up ThursdayBy Elias Banda on 4 Apr 2017
The Lusaka High Court is this Thursday April 6 scheduled to hear an application by Law Association of Zambia to join proceedings in the Post liquidation case.
In this matter, five former Post Newspaper Limited employees and ZRA are seeking to liquidate the company and judge Sunday Nkonde, who is presiding over the matter, appointed lawyer Lewis Mosho as provisional liquidator.
Last month, LAZ president Linda Kasonde stated in an affidavit that supported summons for an order to join proceedings, that the matter had generated significant media attention and interest in the general public.
Kasonde explained that the decision by LAZ to apply for a joinder followed issues surrounding judge Nkonde’s objectivity and independence which might affect the administration of justice as the case advances.
She submitted that LAZ was a major stakeholder in administration of justice and that it had sufficient interest in the hearing and determination of this matter.
Kasonde further stated that if LAZ was joined to the proceedings, the court would be greatly assisted through the associations’ submissions adding that the petitioners and respondents would not be prejudiced in any way but that justice would be achieved.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation charge - 21 Apr 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend