by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Nov 2018by Mukosha Funga on 14 Nov 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Nov 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Nov 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Musambo Phiri on 11 Nov 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 8 Nov 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 8 Nov 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 8 Nov 2018
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2018by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Nov 2018by Abraham Kalito on 12 Nov 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Nov 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 9 Nov 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Davies Mwila on 13 Nov 2018by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2018by Andyford Mayele Banda on 11 Nov 2018by Elias Chipimo on 9 Nov 2018
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2018by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2018by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2018by Diggers Editor on 9 Nov 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Sep 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 28 Sep 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 24 Sep 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 8 Sep 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Sampa Kabwela on 10 Nov 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by CUTS on 9 Oct 2018
Police block GBM, supporters for an hour at CourtBy Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jun 2017
Police today blocked a group of UPND supporters led by party vice-president Geoffrey Mwamba from entering the Magistrate Court complex.
GBM and the UPND supporters wanted to go and witness a contempt of court case in which party president Hakainde Hichilema is a complainant.
The police however stopped the official and kept the supporters outside the court complex for close to an hour before they finally allowed him in.
In this case, HH wants the Magistrate’s court to cite Religious Affairs Minister Godfridah Sumaili for contempt after she made a statement that the UPND leader was facing treason charges because he pushed President Edgar Lungu too far.
HH was moved this morning from Kabwe’s Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison and arrived at the Lusaka magistrate court complex around 09:30 hours. He was driven in a blue prison truck popularly known as Kasalanga, under heavy police guard.
The contempt case was scheduled to start at 12:00 hours before Lusaka magistrate Ireen Wishimanga.
When GBM and other UPND supporters arrived at the court complex around 11:30, police refused to allow them in.
GBM explained that he was willing to park his car outside the court premises so that he and his supporters could walk in, but the police officers said they could only allow him alone.
“I cannot go in leaving my security outside. These are my security people why are you refusing us to enter?” GBM asked
The officers however said they had enough security personnel among them that would provide security to GBM.
GBM insisted that he was not going to enter leaving the cadres outside, and at the time of writing he was still kept outside the Magistrate’s Court complex.
At about 12:45 hours, GBM was then allowed access.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- Busoli Royal Establishment petition Wanchinga to stop Kingsland City Project - 2 Nov 2018
- ‘Lies’ peddled about Zambia’s economy irritate Lungu - 17 Oct 2018
- Angry Shaputu villagers want chief Shakumbila removed over land sale - 10 Oct 2018
- Lungu scared of his own shadow – Kambwili - 2 Oct 2018
- Mwanakatwe outlines more taxes in 2019 budget, as CSOs protest against corruption - 28 Sep 2018
- Play with Lusaka, don’t mess with Copperbelt
- Clinical officer loses license after posting pictures of patients during ART session
- I'm ready to die for the people, I won't stop talking - HH
- ‘Comic’ pulls upset in UNZASU election
- Cops record, expose Kanganja, as he banishes erring officer to Shang'ombo
- Expect worse if HH becomes President, warns Tutwa
- I’ll fire and hire as I please, Lungu warns ambitious PF members
- Wynter goes for Kambwili, condemns print media for tolerating his insults
- Cops record, expose Kanganja, as he banishes erring officer to Shang’ombo
- Husband beats Petauke DC after finding her with lover at motel
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend