by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Apr 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Apr 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 27 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 26 Apr 2019by Derrick Silimina on 26 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 26 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 25 Apr 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 25 Apr 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 26 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 25 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 24 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Apr 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 23 Apr 2019by Felix Kashweka on 2 Apr 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 29 Mar 2019by McQueen Zaza on 26 Mar 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 18 Apr 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 14 Apr 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 28 Mar 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 25 Mar 2019
Police block GBM, supporters for an hour at CourtBy Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jun 2017
Police today blocked a group of UPND supporters led by party vice-president Geoffrey Mwamba from entering the Magistrate Court complex.
GBM and the UPND supporters wanted to go and witness a contempt of court case in which party president Hakainde Hichilema is a complainant.
The police however stopped the official and kept the supporters outside the court complex for close to an hour before they finally allowed him in.
In this case, HH wants the Magistrate’s court to cite Religious Affairs Minister Godfridah Sumaili for contempt after she made a statement that the UPND leader was facing treason charges because he pushed President Edgar Lungu too far.
HH was moved this morning from Kabwe’s Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison and arrived at the Lusaka magistrate court complex around 09:30 hours. He was driven in a blue prison truck popularly known as Kasalanga, under heavy police guard.
The contempt case was scheduled to start at 12:00 hours before Lusaka magistrate Ireen Wishimanga.
When GBM and other UPND supporters arrived at the court complex around 11:30, police refused to allow them in.
GBM explained that he was willing to park his car outside the court premises so that he and his supporters could walk in, but the police officers said they could only allow him alone.
“I cannot go in leaving my security outside. These are my security people why are you refusing us to enter?” GBM asked
The officers however said they had enough security personnel among them that would provide security to GBM.
GBM insisted that he was not going to enter leaving the cadres outside, and at the time of writing he was still kept outside the Magistrate’s Court complex.
At about 12:45 hours, GBM was then allowed access.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- 25 Nordic companies to participate in Zambia’s Agritech expo - 1 Apr 2019
- We benefit nothing from Ministry of Arts, musicians shame ministers - 18 Feb 2019
- Zambia lacks data on forestry sub-sector – Chiteme - 14 Feb 2019
- Recording three cholera cases a great achievement – PS Sipanje - 13 Feb 2019
- PF should stop its cadres from perpetrating violence – Chief Kapichila - 5 Feb 2019
- Nkomeshya's Soli Establishment obtains injunction to halt ZAF, Kingsland City project
- Debt servicing has left govt little money to meet obligations – BoZ
- NDC will work with UPND in 2021 if Zambians want us to - Kambwili
- ZAF officer in court for torturing 11-year-old niece
- KBF shouldn’t show himself at PF’s 2020 convention, warns Kamba
- Mines will pay higher electricity tariffs, says Zesco
- Kwacha’s depreciation triggered by reduced dollar supply — BoZ
- Dora explains performance contracts for civil servants
- Only Lungu can accept GBM back in PF before MCCs decide – Mwila
- Former Zanaco employee sues bank for non-payment of K16.1 million bonus
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend