by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Feb 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Feb 2018by Mukosha Funga on 21 Feb 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Feb 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Feb 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Feb 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Feb 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Feb 2018
by Mirriam Chabala on 6 Feb 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Feb 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 1 Feb 2018by Diggers Reporter on 1 Feb 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 21 Feb 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Feb 2018by Diggers Editor on 18 Feb 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Feb 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Feb 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 6 Feb 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 5 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 3 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 20 Feb 2018by Chibembe Nyalugwe on 19 Feb 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 15 Feb 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 13 Feb 2018
Lawyer sues retirees for K9.8 million legal feesBy Mukosha Funga on 19 Jul 2017
A Lusaka lawyer has sued 198 retirees and retrenchees in the Lusaka High Court demanding K9,850,000 in legal fees.
According to a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court, Rabson Malipenga asked the court to order the retirees, who are members of the Voluntary Separatees and Retrenchees Association of Zambia, to pay him K50,000 each for legal representation should they fail to collectively pay him.
He stated that since the retirees retained PnP advocates to represent them, it had proved futile to collect legal fees.
Malipenga said he had suffered losses and was being inconvenienced as the retirees were not of fixed abode and it was extremely difficult to recover his money.
Malipenga further submitted that the association had 3,523 members whom he represented but efforts to collect money from their new advocates PnP had equally proved futile.
The lawyer had an undertaking to deduct legal fees through the association before paying out any amounts due to the retirees every time government paid them.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- MPs grill Kapata for failing to remit Mukula proceeds to Treasury - 21 Feb 2018
- PF to report those circulating Lungu-branded tissue to police - 21 Feb 2018
- E-voucher system will work this year – Kampyongo - 21 Feb 2018
- Lungu will win by 65% in 2021 – Chitotela - 20 Feb 2018
- Govt apologises to Kabila over motorcade accident - 20 Feb 2018
- Mwanakatwe marshals her team, wants civil servants salaries on time
- ZUFIAW demands that Mwanakatwe reverses suffocating taxes
- Take Zambia’s destiny in your hands, Kalaba urges citizens
- Lusaka is a time bomb, if we don’t work, people will soon laugh at us – Bowman
- MPs grill Kapata for failing to remit Mukula proceeds to Treasury
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend