- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Solicitor General opposes application to join Lungu to eligibility caseBy Diggers Reporter on 9 Aug 2017
Solicitor General Abram Mwansa has opposed the joining of the Head of State to his 2021 eligibility case saying he enjoys immunity.
This is in a matter in which four opposition leaders want the ConCourt to determine whether or not President Edgar Lungu qualifies to re-contest in 2021.
The UPND has asked the ConCourt to join President Lungu to case as the matter had nothing to do with his executive functions and its outcome would directly affect him.
But the Solicitor General strongly objected to the application urging the court to dismiss it as the President could not be compelled to come to court.
The lawyer representing PF Secretary General Davies Mwila also opposed to the application to have him joined to the case.
However, UPND Secretary General Stephen Katuka, through his lawyers, insisted that President Lungu and Mwila should be joined to the petition as the two had publicly declared that President Lungu was eligible to contest the 2021 general elections despite having already served two terms.
After hearing submissions from both parties, ConCourt judge Professor Margaret Munalula reserved ruling to August 15, 2017 on whether or not President Edgar Lungu will be joined to the 2021 presidential eligibility case.
About Diggers Reporter
- Chipolopolo fear player departures after CHAN qualification - 21 Aug 2017
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend