- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Lusaka man gets 6 years for robberyBy Diggers Reporter on 31 Jan 2018
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has jailed a 24-year-old-man to six years imprisonment for robbery.
Facts are that Stanely Chola of Lusaka’s Kalikiliki compound on September 5, 2017 stole K1,400 from Uwingeneye Claudine.
On the said date, Chola went to Claudine’s Bonanza Gambling Shop in Mtendere compound around 20:00 hours played a few games and won K400 with his friends.
He bet the money on another game but lost it all and accused Claudine of being a thief who was using faulty bonanza machines.
He demanded K40, but Claudine told him that she did not have.
The convict further demanded to be given K20 but the victim refused to give him.
Chola got incensed, went to the counter, beat up Claudine, and went away with her hand bag which contained K1,400, a Bible and clothes.
According to facts before court, Chola also stole K1,000 and a voka form valued at K350 from Juston Phiri.
Phiri could not fight back because Chola is huge but once he arrived at home, he narrated his ordeal to his parents and the matter was reported to Kalikiliki police post.
In mitigation, Chola asked for the court’s leniency on account that he was renting a two bedroomed house and no one would take care of his wife and children.
But in her judgement, magistrate Silvia Munyinya slapped Chola with a six year jail term in each count to run concurrently.
She said the sentence was to deter other would be offenders.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- PF justifies delivery of ambulance in Chilubi - 22 Jan 2020
- Zambia will keep sex education within religious norms – Mabumba - 16 Dec 2019
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (7,510 views)
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country - Kampyongo (6,164 views)
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington (5,848 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (3,177 views)
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili's actions border on lawlessness (3,155 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- God hates such useless prayers!
- We hope ACC has done its homework on Chilufya – TIZ
- IMF won’t bailout Zambia – Hamududu
- Govt still owes agro dealers K781m, Katambo tells Parley
- Close schools if govt can’t guarantee children’s safety, insists NAQEZ
- Opposition using people to bring confusion – Kampyongo
- Lusambo’s $100,000 loan offer to Kabushi teachers an insult, says UPND aspirant
- I love dealing with animals because they don’t talk – Luo
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington
- CTPD calls for practical measures for economic recovery
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country – Kampyongo
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend