by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Stanbic lawyers demand K10.1 million from SavendaBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Jun 2018
Eric Silwamba, Joseph Jalasi and Lubinda Linyama legal practitioners have written to lawyers that represented Savenda Management Service Limited in a case of Savenda vs Stanbic Bank, claiming a bill of costs totalling K10,154,887.
Last year, the Court of Appeal had ruled in favour of Stanbic Bank Zambia in a long-running dispute with a defaulting borrower Savenda, that sued the bank claiming K192.5 million in damages for loss of business as a result of being registered as a bad debtor with the Credit Reference Bureau.
In this matter, Savenda had sued Stanbic Zambia claiming damages for loss of business of K192.5 million as a result of being recorded in the Credit Reference Bureau.
But in the a letter dated June 11, addressed to the lawyers that represented Savenda, namely: Willa Mutofwe and Associates, Andrew Musukwa and Co, Kapungwe Nchito Legal Practitioners and Messrs Mutemwa of Mutemwa Chambers, Eric Silwamba, Jalasi and Linyama legal practitioners have claimed a bill of costs totaling K10,154,887.05.
“The total tax claimed is the sum of K10,154,887.05. We shall serve you with the Notice of Taxation once the same has been uplifted from the respective registries,” read the letter.
The lawyers are demanding for K7,047,064 for services during the full trial in the High Court, K1,868,833 for services during appeal hearing in the Court of Appeal and K1,238,988 for services during the last appeal in the Supreme Court.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters - 16 Sep 2019
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend - 16 Sep 2019
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- If Nevers is allowed to lead the party, there’ll be no MMD, witness tells court - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (3,184 views)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,996 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,726 view)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (1,675 view)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (1,086 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend