by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Dec 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 12 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 10 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 10 Dec 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 12 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 9 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 9 Dec 2019by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019
I can’t sleep with my son, there’re many women around, Accused tells courtBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Jan 2019
A 38-year-old man of George Compound who is alleged to have had carnal knowledge of his seven-year-old son against the order of nature, has told the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court that there’s no way he can sleep with his child with so many women in the area.
But a police officer has testified that he found sores on the seven-year-old’s private parts after being told that he was a victim of sodomy.
In this matter, Victor Mukuka is charged with one count of unnatural offence, a charge which he denied before magistrate Nsunge Chanda last year.
Particulars of the offence are that Mukuka, on dates unknown but between January and May 10, 2018, Lusaka, had unlawful carnal knowledge of his seven-year-old son against the order of nature.
When the matter came up for continuation of trial, Tuesday, inspector Micheal Kasanga, 45, of Matero Police Station under Child Protection Unit, told the court that on May 10, 2017, he was on duty when he received a report from a concerned citizen, who reported the alleged sodomy on behalf of the juvenile.
He said he issued a medical report and the child was referred to UTH and then to Social Welfare for counseling.
Kasanga said when the accused was apprehended, he denied the offence but was charged with the subject offence after the child insisted that his father used to sodomise him.
“On May 12, 2017, Victor Mukuka was apprehended at George police and was later transferred to Matero Police where I recorded a warn and caution statement from him. I charged him with the offence which he denied committing. But since the child insisted that his father is the one who allegedly sodomised him, I made up my mind and charged him for the subject offence,” he said.
Kasanga said when the police checked the child, they discovered sores on his private parts.
“When we checked the child, he had sores on his private parts. After I interviewed the child, he said the father used to have anal sex with him. He said that happened many times. The child mentioned that they used to live just the two of them with the father,” he said.
The officer said he later learnt that Victor’s wife had left him and after the couple divorced, she left the boy in his care.
He added that the child was currently at an orphanage.
In cross examination, Victor asked the officer for proof that he was the one sleeping with the boy.
In response, Kasanga said it was because the child had insisted that it was the father who used to have anal sex with him.
The accused, however, claimed that other people were influencing his child to lie adding that they might have even bought biscuits for him.
He added that there was no way he could sleep with his own son with so many women in the area.
“Big people are the ones telling the boy to say what he said. They might have even bought biscuits for him. With a lot of women in the compound, how can I sleep with my son?” Victor asked.
Magistrate Chanda, however, guided him to ask relevant questions only.
Victor then asked “Did they examine me at the hospital for you to prove that the sperms (on the boy) were mine?”
In response, and the witness said the doctor would come and explain.
Trial continues January 17, and the accused remains remanded in custody.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- FNB sues ‘Bwalya Ng’andu’ for failure to settle K369,000 loan - 13 Dec 2019
- Maseka fixed windows at Chimese’s alleged property, DEC testifies in Perjury case - 13 Dec 2019
- Kambwili granted last adjournment to open defence in forgery case - 13 Dec 2019
- Mimbula, Moxico fight injunction which restrains Milingo from selling KCM mining rights - 12 Dec 2019
- Tutwa obtains stay of defamation judgment - 11 Dec 2019
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists (2,737 views)
- Kampyongo said criminals like using his name, Kapata to smuggle Mukula. Why? (2,448 views)
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom (1,868 view)
- Explain delayed power import, Speaker orders Energy Minister (1,803 view)
- FNB sues 'Bwalya Ng’andu' for failure to settle K369,000 loan (1,802 view)
- We need to beg IMF for assistance – Nawakwi
- FNB sues ‘Bwalya Ng’andu’ for failure to settle K369,000 loan
- Debates on inequality too simplistic – Chiteme
- Maseka fixed windows at Chimese’s alleged property, DEC testifies in Perjury case
- Kambwili granted last adjournment to open defence in forgery case
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay - Sacika
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend