- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Enesi Kaoma on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Breastfeeding the nationBy Joseph Mwenda on 1 Nov 2016
OH no, my president, this is going to cause us a huge problem and we better get our first lady out of the bush quickly before Honourable Christopher Mvunga locates her.
I know you trust her, my President, you don’t have an issue with letting our first lady leave State House and go out there to campaign, but her message will attract the wrong kind of voters.
ESTHER Lungu: “I am the mother of the country and every Zambian needs my breast. That’s why I have been making donations to clubs in seven provinces so far. My target is to reach all provinces of this country and I hope by the grace of God, I will do so. I am doing this because I am your mother and I have to care about you.”
Well yeah, that sounds like a generous offer which should excite people like Honourable Mvunga and his Ministry of Finance, that finally, he can draw some money from the country wide breast feed donations and sort out our economic crisis.
But my President, how sure are you that when Mvunga follows our first lady in Shibuyunji, he will concentrate on milking the breast feed which is on offer, and not seek to ENTERVIEW her since his journalist girlfriend dumped him?
Anyway, my President, I trust your judgment. I am sure you have deliberately unleashed her on the voters so that she can assess the political mood for you since Amos Chanda, Kaizer Zulu have failed you.
ESTHER: “I am calling myself an express mail lady for the people of Zambia because I will take whatever message from the people direct to the President who listens to me. There will be nothing like going to the secretary or middlemen – ba Kaizer Zulu or whatever, Amos Chanda, no! Me it’s direct.”
On Amos and Kaizer, you are spot on ba first lady, the only achievement those two tribal cousins have made in State House is hacking each other. But on Bertha, she is a very hard working secretary and if she is not delivering messages directly to my President, it’s probably because she waits for him to get off the hung-over first – that’s what a good secretary does, you can’t blame her.
So well, carry on ba first lady since my President has allowed you to proceed with that countrywide breastfeeding-the-nation programme.
My only worry now is that when people discover that we are donating sour milk, they will not only vote us out, but also accuse us of causing the cholera outbreak.
That’s it for today
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- HH gets thunderous welcome in his homeland - 25 Sep 2017
- Lungu funding violence – HH - 24 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten – Munir Zulu - 23 Sep 2017
- Parliament finds Antonio guilty of committing contempt on Facebook - 21 Sep 2017
- ZUFIAW demands reduced Pay as You Earn - 21 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend