- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Enesi Kaoma on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Bush partyBy Joseph Mwenda on 1 Nov 2016
SOMEONE should tell me when the People’s Party president finally announces which candidate he will vote for next year, maybe then I will be willing to listen to him, because right now he is not making sense to me.
Mike MULONGOTI: “Go in the streets and look for people who are happy with President Edgar Lungu; I am yet to meet one. People are angry and they are hungry; they are not happy. When God created us he said, ‘Look after everything, including animals’, but what have we done? We have failed to look after ourselves as human beings. Animals in the bush are living better than us, and I think that’s very sad. We need to do something about that.”
So, Mr Mike, if you find out that animals in the bush are living better than you, what are you still waiting for? Go and join the baboons in the wild and leave my President alone.
That is why if you check, will you notice that, apart from your mouth for speaking, the same God put some limbs on you so that you can move from one habitat to another?
I don’t know which National Park suits you best, but whichever you will choose, don’t go and tell the monkeys your cheap story that all the human beings are angry with my President because that’s a lie.
You think people on the streets are all hungry and angry, but that’s only because you went to the wrong street.
Maybe as you head out into the wilderness to start your good living, use Brentwood Road off Independence Avenue and see if you will recognise the fat ministers on that street.
Are you sure Honourable Chishimba Kambwili’s stomach is hungry? Of course you may find his face quite angry, but that’s just naturally how he is; inside, he is a very happy man.
So, stop whining, Mr former Honourable, and be grateful like the Easterners. I am sure my President’s tribesmen are so proud of what he has done so far.
Gabriel SAKALA: “Maybe the wild animals will vote for him, because every time we hear that he is in Eastern Province, he is in Mfuwe, or we will hear that he is in Luangwa, watching animals, he has no time for us.
Wait…! No wonder Mr Mulongoti wants to go and scavenge with the hyenas in the bush – that’s where the partying takes place, right?
I mean if my President is visiting wild animals’ homes more frequently than humans’, then wait for me ba Mulongoti I am joining you.
Let me just get us some toothpicks. I don’t think they serve those in the wild since my President doesn’t need them.
That’s it for today!
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- HH gets thunderous welcome in his homeland - 25 Sep 2017
- Lungu funding violence – HH - 24 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten – Munir Zulu - 23 Sep 2017
- Parliament finds Antonio guilty of committing contempt on Facebook - 21 Sep 2017
- ZUFIAW demands reduced Pay as You Earn - 21 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend