- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 13 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Bush partyBy Joseph Mwenda on 1 Nov 2016
SOMEONE should tell me when the People’s Party president finally announces which candidate he will vote for next year, maybe then I will be willing to listen to him, because right now he is not making sense to me.
Mike MULONGOTI: “Go in the streets and look for people who are happy with President Edgar Lungu; I am yet to meet one. People are angry and they are hungry; they are not happy. When God created us he said, ‘Look after everything, including animals’, but what have we done? We have failed to look after ourselves as human beings. Animals in the bush are living better than us, and I think that’s very sad. We need to do something about that.”
So, Mr Mike, if you find out that animals in the bush are living better than you, what are you still waiting for? Go and join the baboons in the wild and leave my President alone.
That is why if you check, will you notice that, apart from your mouth for speaking, the same God put some limbs on you so that you can move from one habitat to another?
I don’t know which National Park suits you best, but whichever you will choose, don’t go and tell the monkeys your cheap story that all the human beings are angry with my President because that’s a lie.
You think people on the streets are all hungry and angry, but that’s only because you went to the wrong street.
Maybe as you head out into the wilderness to start your good living, use Brentwood Road off Independence Avenue and see if you will recognise the fat ministers on that street.
Are you sure Honourable Chishimba Kambwili’s stomach is hungry? Of course you may find his face quite angry, but that’s just naturally how he is; inside, he is a very happy man.
So, stop whining, Mr former Honourable, and be grateful like the Easterners. I am sure my President’s tribesmen are so proud of what he has done so far.
Gabriel SAKALA: “Maybe the wild animals will vote for him, because every time we hear that he is in Eastern Province, he is in Mfuwe, or we will hear that he is in Luangwa, watching animals, he has no time for us.
Wait…! No wonder Mr Mulongoti wants to go and scavenge with the hyenas in the bush – that’s where the partying takes place, right?
I mean if my President is visiting wild animals’ homes more frequently than humans’, then wait for me ba Mulongoti I am joining you.
Let me just get us some toothpicks. I don’t think they serve those in the wild since my President doesn’t need them.
That’s it for today!
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- PF mourns Chief Shibuchinga - 17 Dec 2017
- Police ‘condemn’ beating of CBU student, but deny killing him - 11 Dec 2017
- UNHCR begs for funding as more Congolese flee into Zambia - 11 Dec 2017
- LAZ STATEMENT ON “MISLEADING MEDIA REPORTS” AGAINST THE ASSOCIATION - 11 Dec 2017
- Consent order between judge Nkonde and State is criminal – Changala - 9 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend