by Abraham Kalito on 22 Oct 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2018by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Oct 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 18 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Chibamba Kanyama on 8 Oct 2018by WECREATE I ZAMBIA on 13 Sep 2018by Mukubesa Mundia on 27 Jul 2018by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018
by Diggers Editor on 22 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 20 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Sep 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 28 Sep 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 24 Sep 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 8 Sep 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by CUTS on 9 Oct 2018by CUTS on 2 Oct 2018
Edgar’s theftBy Joseph Mwenda on 1 Nov 2016
MAGISTRATE Kunda Tantameni, please tell me just one thing and I won’t share it with anybody; why did you go ahead to convict Tebby Chilekwa when everybody knew that the man pleaded guilty to a wrong offence?
Your Honour, you and me have the duty to protect the integrity of my President, how did you let Chilekwa get away with a theft sentence instead of convicting him for defamation of the President?
I know I know I know, you are the judge and nobody should question your decisions, and that’s not exactly what I am doing, but did you really pay attention to the details of this matter?
In case I have lost you fellow voters, a teacher of Lusaka’s Chawama compound pleaded guilty this week to stealing a suit, shirt and tie at Levy Mall, all valued at K2,158. Tebby Chilekwa, 29 of unknown house number in Chawama, is facing one count of theft contrary to the Laws of Zambia.
How can a teacher from Chawama go to a shopping mall and steal a suit, at a time when my President is looking fabulous in those fancy slim fits, what is he saying about the source?
Look Your Honour, this guy is not only coming from my President’s constituency, he is a teacher there for goodness sake; what is he saying about what my President learned at school in Chawama?
If you still don’t see the defamation of my President in that, Your Honour, how do you explain this: Teacher Chilekwa leaves Chawama, looks around for a shopping mall named after a President and locates Levy Mall. After catching his breath, teacher Chilekwa decides to go ahead and steal a fancy presidential suit, a shirt and a marching necktie. He then ignores, PEP stores, passes Truworths and goes straight into EDGAR’S!
Magistrate Tantameni, if that is not defamation of President EDGAR Lungu from Chawama compound, tell me one good reason why my President should keep you in employment.
And now, you can imagine what the headmaster’s explanation was to Chilekwa’s pupils when the stupid teacher couldn’t show up because he was detained for theft.
HEADMASTER: “Kids, teacher Chilekwa won’t be coming today because when he was a kid like you he used to pray every night for a new fancy suit. Then he realised that The Lord doesn’t work that way, so he stole one and asked Him for forgiveness. Then he realised that the Law doesn’t work that way, so he decided to get caught and asked a Lawyer for protection. Then he pleaded guilty and realised the Lawyer doesn’t work that way, and now he is screwed!”
That’s it for today.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Auditor General’s report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered - 19 Oct 2018
- Auditor General reports increased embezzlement from K386, 000 to K31 million in 2017 - 17 Oct 2018
- Hippo culling move may make it impossible for US to help Zambia raise conservation funds – Foote - 17 Oct 2018
- It’s eight planes bought, two for the President – govt sources - 16 Oct 2018
- We won’t tell you why we are buying defence assets to protect President – Govt - 14 Oct 2018
- Vespers' family breaks silence, question police investigations
- Get it right, Zambia has not refunded Britain the ‘stolen’ US$4.7 million
- Auditor General's report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Decision to merge ZNBC with Star Times was made in public interest - CCPC
- Attendance roll call at Day of Prayer annoys civil servants
- ZRA impounds 60 tankers for smuggling fuel into Zambia
- Chimbwali’s foolishness exposes a sold presidency
- Arrest of Ndola pastors, CTPD officials proves PF’s dictatorship – HH
- Vespers’ family breaks silence, question police investigations
- Decision to merge ZNBC with Star Times was made in public interest – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend