- by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Edgar’s theftBy Joseph Mwenda on 1 Nov 2016
MAGISTRATE Kunda Tantameni, please tell me just one thing and I won’t share it with anybody; why did you go ahead to convict Tebby Chilekwa when everybody knew that the man pleaded guilty to a wrong offence?
Your Honour, you and me have the duty to protect the integrity of my President, how did you let Chilekwa get away with a theft sentence instead of convicting him for defamation of the President?
I know I know I know, you are the judge and nobody should question your decisions, and that’s not exactly what I am doing, but did you really pay attention to the details of this matter?
In case I have lost you fellow voters, a teacher of Lusaka’s Chawama compound pleaded guilty this week to stealing a suit, shirt and tie at Levy Mall, all valued at K2,158. Tebby Chilekwa, 29 of unknown house number in Chawama, is facing one count of theft contrary to the Laws of Zambia.
How can a teacher from Chawama go to a shopping mall and steal a suit, at a time when my President is looking fabulous in those fancy slim fits, what is he saying about the source?
Look Your Honour, this guy is not only coming from my President’s constituency, he is a teacher there for goodness sake; what is he saying about what my President learned at school in Chawama?
If you still don’t see the defamation of my President in that, Your Honour, how do you explain this: Teacher Chilekwa leaves Chawama, looks around for a shopping mall named after a President and locates Levy Mall. After catching his breath, teacher Chilekwa decides to go ahead and steal a fancy presidential suit, a shirt and a marching necktie. He then ignores, PEP stores, passes Truworths and goes straight into EDGAR’S!
Magistrate Tantameni, if that is not defamation of President EDGAR Lungu from Chawama compound, tell me one good reason why my President should keep you in employment.
And now, you can imagine what the headmaster’s explanation was to Chilekwa’s pupils when the stupid teacher couldn’t show up because he was detained for theft.
HEADMASTER: “Kids, teacher Chilekwa won’t be coming today because when he was a kid like you he used to pray every night for a new fancy suit. Then he realised that The Lord doesn’t work that way, so he stole one and asked Him for forgiveness. Then he realised that the Law doesn’t work that way, so he decided to get caught and asked a Lawyer for protection. Then he pleaded guilty and realised the Lawyer doesn’t work that way, and now he is screwed!”
That’s it for today.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Police in limbo after seizing hot Mukula logs - 24 Oct 2017
- State House apologises to Mpezeni - 24 Oct 2017
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend