- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
Ministry of Religious PunchingBy Joseph Mwenda on 9 Nov 2016
BECAUSE My President walks the talk, he made sure that immediately after announcing the Ministry of Religious Punching, members of the host church get the very first blessing, or should I say the very fist blessing.
It was at St Andrews Church in Lusaka, and there was no better person to get the first religious beating than St Andrew Kamanga himself.
You can call it unfortunate, but I call it an answer to the question: Why did we fail to qualify to the African Cup? Because we elected a FAZ president who can’t even run!
Apparently when a PF cadre connected a perfectly timed left hook to his eye socket, the best Mr Andrew could do was walk back into church.
But because he is a clever man, St Andrew knew that Mr jobless Kalusha Bwalya was going to make fun of him, so he set a trap; accusing his predecessor of sending people to attack him. He knew Mr Kalusha could not defend himself in vernacular.
Kalusha: “Now that is a serious accusation you are talking about. I left FAZ on the 20th and I’ve never spoken about FAZ but he spoke about Kalusha in press conference…This side I am on the PF now and I said I am going to campaign for Edgar Lungu, now I am a politician. He doesn’t just have to say because now I am going to take ‘regal lecourse’ against him.”
I don’t know which position Mr Kalusha is eyeing in the Patriotic Fisting, but I just wish to remind him that ‘regal lecourse’ doesn’t work anymore in Zambia. Ask Mutembo Nchito how he was fired by a tribunal that didn’t exist.
Oh! And by the way, Mr jobless Mutembo Nchito Street Counsel, when you hear that my President is coming to Baptist Church this Sunday, wear a tracksuit and snickers, ready to Usain-Bolt out of the congregation.
Anyway, let me get busy now, my President has given us a task to find an alternative name for the Ministry of Religious Violence.
Mbinji Mufalo thinks Ministry of Religious Lairs will be appropriate, but I say, since it will be based at the New Tabernacle National House of Prayer, let’s call it: Ministry of Interdenominational Sunday Fisting and Involuntary Teeth Sacrifice. In short MISFITS!
That’s it for today
Facebook: Social Trends
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Leakages are proof that civil servants are unhappy – Namulambe - 22 Jan 2018
- My dismissal from PSPF was strange, explains Dr Mwiinga - 19 Jan 2018
- Govt withholds salaries for FIC employees - 17 Jan 2018
- Lungu fires Pension Fund boss Mwiinga, against Board’s recommendation - 11 Jan 2018
- Lusambo renews his praise for Lungu, love for PF - 9 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Antonio too young for politics of the belly
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend