- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
ReconciliationBy Joseph Mwenda on 11 Nov 2016
GREAT! Now Mr Telesphore Mpundu and your Zambia Episcopal Conference can go to hell – my President just secured his salvation directly from the Pope! Not just any other Pope, but Pope Francis the ex officio Bishop of Rome and sovereign leader of the Vatican City as well as the coolest Pope in the history of cool Popes.
If you are asking why my President ignored His Excellency Sergio Mattarella and instead visited the Holly Catholic Father, then you haven’t read your history. Otherwise, you would have known that before he became holy, Pope Francis was a nightclub door bouncer many many beers ago in Buenos Aires and was ruthless when on duty to keep troublemakers out of the bar.
After you google and verify that fact, you will understand that my President needed to go and find out if the now ordained knuckles had, at any time, come into contact with his teeth.
With those scores settled eyeball to eyeball with the reformed Pope, my President will also return home with a spirit pure as Vodka, holy as a holiday.
Therefore, Mr Telesphore, you have nothing on my President or our National House of Fast Praying and Reconciliation Tabernacle, so you can keep your vote and shut up – my President has a country to run. In fact, he has two countries to run.
BBC News: “Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe has declared a state of disaster following the drought that has hit Southern Africa. An estimated 2.4 million people are now in need of food aid in the country, and Mugabe has urged Zimbabweans not to panic, as government is importing maize from neighbouring Zambia.
You hear that Ambassador Arve Ofstad? Go and tell your Norwegian President that even if you have closed down your embassy in Zambia, we will not miss your aid because we are also now helping poor countries, alright?
If you think I am joking, hear for yourself what plans we have for helping beggars like Zimbabwe.
President EDGAR LUNGU: “Our immediate plan is to import maize from South America. We have to think of importing maize from South America without delay before other countries in the southern region who have no food as well finish it up. We are worried about the prevailing weather pattern in the country and we don’t know what we are going to do as government as we only have maize that will last up to June.”
I know the ZNFU chaps are wishing they didn’t have a theft scandal among them so that they rubbish my President’s decision, because to them this is a stupid move.
But that’s why my President is as cool as the Pope, and he always keeps his strategy up the sleeve. If you ask Professor Oliver Saasa, he will tell you that Zambia is in a financial crisis today because we don’t have exports.
Well, Prof Saasa, stand up and give my President a standing ovation because his ingenious solution deserves a place in history.
Here is the plan: My President will use the finished kwacha to buy maize from Brazil, 8,600 kilometres away and then he will sale it to Zimabwe which is within spitting distance, in dollars – Bingo!
Once that happens, Dr Denny Kalyalya, who has joined shikulu Alexander Chikwanda in his sleep because there is no more money to count at BoZ, will wake up. All the problems will be over, families will live in harmony again and the courts will no longer be overburdened with unnecessary lawsuits.
Can you imagine, just last week a nurse called Kalumbu Kachaka asked the Lusaka High Court to divorce her from a short-tempered husband, Masauso Banda, who was denying her conjugal rights.
Dear High Court judges, if that matter is allocated to you, please examine carefully why he is denying her conjugal rights. Maybe it’s not his temper which is short – I mean life is hard!
That’s it for todayRelated Items
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
- The court’s ruling was very clear, ex-ministers must pay – Kampamba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend