by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
ZBF lacks transparency, accountability – MubitaBy Nelson Kazeze on 11 Jan 2017
Zambia Boxing Federation vice-president Kennedy Mubita says the federation is lacking transparency and accountability in its operations.
In an interview today January 11, 2017, Mubita, who is contesting the presidency at the forthcoming elective annual general meeting, said he would restore the status of boxing in the country once elected as president.
Mubita noted that boxing standards had dwindled due to what he termed as ‘one man show’ management of the sport.
He added that would bring fresh and vibrant ideas that embraced collectiveness and consultation in decision making.
“I bring forth new consultative leadership that embraces all members unlike the handpicking that we are witnessing currently. I do not subscribe to leadership that is centered on one person and it is for this reason that the federation needs an overhaul in its leadership ranks,” Mubita said.
Mubita claimed that the corporate world was reluctant to sponsor boxing because officials were misapplying money meant for the development of the sport.
“We have heard of officials who solicit money from boxers so that they can be picked to represent the county, that is surely uncalled for because such boxers fail to perform because they are not picked on merit,” he said.
Mubita promised to ensure boxing was fully sponsored under his reign adding that Zambia had a lot of talented boxers that needed proper manage.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (3,443 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,416 view)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (1,012 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (988 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive - PF (907 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend