- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
ZBF lacks transparency, accountability – MubitaBy Nelson Kazeze on 11 Jan 2017
Zambia Boxing Federation vice-president Kennedy Mubita says the federation is lacking transparency and accountability in its operations.
In an interview today January 11, 2017, Mubita, who is contesting the presidency at the forthcoming elective annual general meeting, said he would restore the status of boxing in the country once elected as president.
Mubita noted that boxing standards had dwindled due to what he termed as ‘one man show’ management of the sport.
He added that would bring fresh and vibrant ideas that embraced collectiveness and consultation in decision making.
“I bring forth new consultative leadership that embraces all members unlike the handpicking that we are witnessing currently. I do not subscribe to leadership that is centered on one person and it is for this reason that the federation needs an overhaul in its leadership ranks,” Mubita said.
Mubita claimed that the corporate world was reluctant to sponsor boxing because officials were misapplying money meant for the development of the sport.
“We have heard of officials who solicit money from boxers so that they can be picked to represent the county, that is surely uncalled for because such boxers fail to perform because they are not picked on merit,” he said.
Mubita promised to ensure boxing was fully sponsored under his reign adding that Zambia had a lot of talented boxers that needed proper manage.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend