- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Macky 2 explains “Tilizoni” song after angering UPNDBy Mirriam Chabala on 5 May 2017
Copperbelt based musician Kaira Mulaza alias Macky 2 is nursing a brawl with opposition UPND supporters who are venting their frustrations on him for producing a satirical song, which re-enacts events that led to Hakainde Hichilema’s arrest for treason.
He told News Diggers! today that his job as an artiste is to express himself through music.
Entitled “Tilizoni”, the song is not anything spectacular for an award-winning artiste of Macky 2’s standard and it does sound like something the singer has already produced before, but it was enough to attract the UPND’s bitter attention.
Macky 2 portrays HH as a bootylicious, but destructive woman who was burning shops and causing riots in the country, adding that he invited trouble upon himself.
Take a listen:
After the song was released, the Zambianwatchdog reacted by publishing a photo of the singer’s alleged mistress, leading to a series of negative comments and hateful opinions against the Henry Cele (Shaka Zulu) lookalike.
Although it is not clear to what level of career jeopardy the song might have put the singer in, music consumers – fans and haters – took to Facebook to weigh in on the controversy.
Speaking to News Diggers! in an interview, Macky 2 regretted the misconception that his song had brought, but insisted that he was not referring to the UPND leader.
“There is a post which I have written which is on my official page. The post is self-explanatory and it doesn’t have a specific target. You know very well that I am not a reporter or a politician, I am an artiste and I make music so I think the best way of expressing myself is through music unlike writing articles or doing interviews trying to explain myself,” Macky 2 said.
“ I have written, everything I wanted to say has been said and that is a single point, so there is nothing I can say to add or subtract. What I had to say, I said in that actual statement.”
Below is Macky 2’s statement on his Facebook page.
Meanwhile, Macky 2 is not the only artiste who is cashing-in from the current political state of affairs in Zambia and the bitter rivalry between the ruling PF and UPND.
Living legend Shimasta used the opportunity to try and reclaim his narrowing space on the local rythms charts by releasing “Weumpako isa nkupeko – Tilizoni Part 2”. And you guest right, Shimasta’s song is also not as originally arranged as expected of him, and it somewhat sounds like a localised version of the hip-hop hit “Panda” by Desiigner.
Take a listen
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge's prayer position sparks debate
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend