- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Miles entertains againBy Mukosha Funga on 30 May 2019
You could be excused for suggesting that Lusaka Mayor Miles Sampa has successfully removed himself from being a policy making government executive to a performing celebrity – that’s if celebrity means shocking and entertaining citizens because those are the two attributes for which he has developed a knack.
If he is not brandishing a gun and threatening to shoot anyone who threatens his life on social media, then he is posting his Kung-Fu pictures from the Great Wall of China.
And when he takes a break from fighting the Lusaka City’s beloved Hybrid Chicken Statue, he is literary drinking on duty in the name of celebrating Zambia’s products which have made it on a list of Africa’s best brands.
“Incase you missed it, opaque Beer ‘Chibuku Shake Shake’ produced by Lusaka based National Breweries Ltd has been picked as the 20th best brand in Africa. Now when I was about 15 years old, I tasted my first alchohol at the then LCC owned Nilanga tarven in Matero. The liquor was sold in big plastic open containers (upper low) and people would sit in circles of friends to enjoy the beer while they fellowshiped,” Sampa captioned the enclosed picture on his Facebook page around 16:00 hours yesterday.
“I followed my older friends and was given the upper low to try out the beer. It tasted slightly bitter but I later on ‘acquired’ and loved the taste. That Beer was called Chibuku.
About 35 years later, that same Chibuku Beer now nicely packaged has been recognised as the 20th best brand in Africa(@AfricanBizMag). Incidentally the mentioned Nilanga tarvern then owned by the Council and where I first tasted Chibuku, is now the premises or building turned into Bigocca church in Matero.”
He vowed that as a patriotic Zambian, he would promote local brands by drinking only one Chibuku per day.
“On my part, I show patriotism and solidarity to Zambian Lusaka products. I will Not drink imported Whisky type of drinks that creates jobs outside Zambia. I will hereon drink one (1) packet of Chibuku opaque beer after work. Just one (1),” wrote Sampa.
“National Breweries: produce more and more of Chibuku so you can even export some and employ more and more of Lusaka youths as well as bring in the much needed foreign exchange. Well done and Congratulations to all for the Chibuku Beer brand International award. Let’s all support and uplift our local brew Chibuku. The economic benefits in doing so are diverse and huge in the long run to all Zambians and in particular Lusaka residents. Well done Chibuku beer and Keep it up.”
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye - 23 Aug 2019
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 – Kalaluka - 23 Aug 2019
- Mwenye’s corruption remarks irk PF - 22 Aug 2019
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding - 22 Aug 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India - 21 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,034 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,135 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,856 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,420 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,072 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend