- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 25 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 19 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 16 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lungu appoints new PermSecsBy Stella Goma on 28 Jan 2017
PRESIDENT Edgar Lungu has appointed four permanent secretaries and transferred two with immediate effect.
According to a statement issued by Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda yesterday, President Lungu also appointed two people to represent Zambia as High Commissioners.
“Those appointed as Permanent Secretaries are: Mr Chola Chabala, Director Planning – (Permanent Secretary, Ministry of National Development Planning); Mr Mushuma Mulenga – Acting National Coordinator – (Permanent Secretary, Private Sector Development, Industrialisation and Job Creation Under Cabinet Office); Mr Elias Kamanga, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Copperbelt Province – (Permanent Secretary, Copperbelt Province); and Mr Jobix Kalumba, Provincial Education Officer, Northern Province (Permanent Secretary, Northern Province),” Chanda stated.
“And President Lungu has transferred the Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Tourism and Arts, Mr Stephen Mwansa to the Office of the Vice-President as Permanent Secretary in charge of Administration. The President has also transferred the Permanent for Copperbelt Province Rev. Howard Sikwela to the Ministry of Community Development and Social Welfare in the same capacity.”
And President Lungu appointed former education minister Dr John Phiri as High Commissioner-Designate to Malawi.
“Meanwhile, the President has appointed Dr. John Jafete Ngwata Phiri as High Commissioner-Designate to the Republic of Malawi and Mr Rayford Mbulu as High Commissioner-Designate to the Republic of Ghana. The President has wished the newly appointed Permanent Secretaries and those appointed to serve in the diplomatic service success and God’s blessings in their assignments,” stated Chanda.
About Stella Goma
Stella Goma is a Zambian journalist with a passion for a democratic society and transparency in governance.
Email: stella [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assets - 5 Apr 2017
- There’s too much animosity between PF and UPND – HRC - 4 Apr 2017
- HH says Lungu is a clueless hyena - 4 Apr 2017
- Matale defends LAZ - 1 Feb 2017
- Dancing officer identified, to face tribunal - 30 Jan 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend