- by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 7 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 5 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
HH must be punished for calling Speaker Matibini a cadre – MwewaBy Mirriam Chabala on 24 Mar 2017
Mwansabombwe PF member of parliament Rodgers Mwewa says it is unacceptable for UPND president Hakainde Hichilema to refer to Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini as a cadre.
Speaking when he rose on a point of order in Parliament yesterday, Mwewa sought Speaker Matibini’s ruling on whether or not the opposition leader was order to demean the character of such a respected man as the Speaker of the National Assembly.
“I rise on this urgent point of order which deems the status of this House as well as the Chair. Mr, Speaker, woke up this morning and I saw an article in the Mast Newspaper and the article clearly was saying as I quote ‘Matibini a cadre – HH’. Mr Speaker he went on to say in an interview according to this paper when you go to page three and I quote, I would like to read ‘Dr Patrick Matibini is a cadre and not fit to sit in Parliament as Speaker’ says UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema’. I will go ahead Mr Speaker ‘he is basically a disgrace to the people of Zambia because of the way he is managing Parliament. I will stop there Mr Speaker,” Mwewa told Parliament.
He said Hichilema had to be summoned to Parliament and punished because abusing the Speaker was unprecedented.
“The Patriotic Front government which is in power today has never insulted the Speaker, the MMD has never insulted the Speaker, FDD has never insulted the Speaker even UNIP has never insulted the Speaker and even our independent members of parliament have never done that. But today, the UPND, for their leader to say what he has said, he had to consult my fellow members of parliament who belong to the UPND and this Mr Speaker is unacceptable. In this country it’s unprecedented and he is supposed to be summoned Mr Speaker here, he should be punished. Mr speaker is he in order to disgrace this House, demean this House and its Chairman, the Speaker whom we respect so much Mr Speaker?” asked Mwewa.
But, Speaker Matibini reserved his ruling on the point of order saying he needed time to study the matter.
“My ruling, I will reserve it to enable me study what has been deposited on the table of the House,” said Speaker Matibini.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend