by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
HH must be punished for calling Speaker Matibini a cadre – MwewaBy Mirriam Chabala on 24 Mar 2017
Mwansabombwe PF member of parliament Rodgers Mwewa says it is unacceptable for UPND president Hakainde Hichilema to refer to Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini as a cadre.
Speaking when he rose on a point of order in Parliament yesterday, Mwewa sought Speaker Matibini’s ruling on whether or not the opposition leader was order to demean the character of such a respected man as the Speaker of the National Assembly.
“I rise on this urgent point of order which deems the status of this House as well as the Chair. Mr, Speaker, woke up this morning and I saw an article in the Mast Newspaper and the article clearly was saying as I quote ‘Matibini a cadre – HH’. Mr Speaker he went on to say in an interview according to this paper when you go to page three and I quote, I would like to read ‘Dr Patrick Matibini is a cadre and not fit to sit in Parliament as Speaker’ says UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema’. I will go ahead Mr Speaker ‘he is basically a disgrace to the people of Zambia because of the way he is managing Parliament. I will stop there Mr Speaker,” Mwewa told Parliament.
He said Hichilema had to be summoned to Parliament and punished because abusing the Speaker was unprecedented.
“The Patriotic Front government which is in power today has never insulted the Speaker, the MMD has never insulted the Speaker, FDD has never insulted the Speaker even UNIP has never insulted the Speaker and even our independent members of parliament have never done that. But today, the UPND, for their leader to say what he has said, he had to consult my fellow members of parliament who belong to the UPND and this Mr Speaker is unacceptable. In this country it’s unprecedented and he is supposed to be summoned Mr Speaker here, he should be punished. Mr speaker is he in order to disgrace this House, demean this House and its Chairman, the Speaker whom we respect so much Mr Speaker?” asked Mwewa.
But, Speaker Matibini reserved his ruling on the point of order saying he needed time to study the matter.
“My ruling, I will reserve it to enable me study what has been deposited on the table of the House,” said Speaker Matibini.Related Items
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service (3,695 views)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (1,150 view)
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (905 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock (802 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (581 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend