- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
ZRA places Post assets on auction saleBy Mukosha Funga on 5 Apr 2017
The Zambia Revenue Authority will host an auction sale for The Post Newspapers Limited (in liquidation) assets on April 22.
According to a notice circulated in the press by the ZRA Debt Recovery Unit, items on sale include trucks, office and studio equipment, furniture and fittings as well as newspaper printing facility.
The items will be available for viewing on April 20 and 21.
The Post was forced into closure on June 21, 2016 over disputed tax arrears of K51 million.
The matter was challenged in court and the newspaper managed to get orders from the Tax Appeals Tribunal to reopen which were never respected.
But on November 2, 2016, The Post was placed on provisional liquidation with Lusaka lawyer Lewis Mosho being appointed as provisional liquidator after five former Post employees sued the company claiming salary and other arrears.
ZRA, Invest Trust Bank and other institutions joined the matter which Post founder Fred M’membe is challenging on grounds that the judge who presided over the liquidation, judge Sunday Nkonde has personal interests in the matter.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Whistleblower reports looting by Indeni board through allowances - 23 Sep 2017
- PF has transformed Zambia, claims Chitotela - 23 Sep 2017
- 3 Medical Stores employees in court for drug theft worth K6m - 23 Sep 2017
- Traffic officers torture Muvi TV journalist for filming crime - 22 Sep 2017
- Judiciary has powers to suspend erring magistrates – Mambilima - 22 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend