- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
ZRA places Post assets on auction saleBy Mukosha Funga on 5 Apr 2017
The Zambia Revenue Authority will host an auction sale for The Post Newspapers Limited (in liquidation) assets on April 22.
According to a notice circulated in the press by the ZRA Debt Recovery Unit, items on sale include trucks, office and studio equipment, furniture and fittings as well as newspaper printing facility.
The items will be available for viewing on April 20 and 21.
The Post was forced into closure on June 21, 2016 over disputed tax arrears of K51 million.
The matter was challenged in court and the newspaper managed to get orders from the Tax Appeals Tribunal to reopen which were never respected.
But on November 2, 2016, The Post was placed on provisional liquidation with Lusaka lawyer Lewis Mosho being appointed as provisional liquidator after five former Post employees sued the company claiming salary and other arrears.
ZRA, Invest Trust Bank and other institutions joined the matter which Post founder Fred M’membe is challenging on grounds that the judge who presided over the liquidation, judge Sunday Nkonde has personal interests in the matter.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- UPND want Lungu to join case regarding his eligibility to recontest presidency - 26 Jul 2017
- Kitwe PF youth secretary resigns - 26 Jul 2017
- Kampyongo was nothing, he’ll be nothing after govt – Kabimba - 26 Jul 2017
- Court adjourns Sumaili’s contempt case to Aug 23 - 26 Jul 2017
- Cancer prevention, control measures a matter of urgency – Esther - 26 Jul 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend