- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017by Lulu Wood on 10 Nov 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
ZRA places Post assets on auction saleBy Mukosha Funga on 5 Apr 2017
The Zambia Revenue Authority will host an auction sale for The Post Newspapers Limited (in liquidation) assets on April 22.
According to a notice circulated in the press by the ZRA Debt Recovery Unit, items on sale include trucks, office and studio equipment, furniture and fittings as well as newspaper printing facility.
The items will be available for viewing on April 20 and 21.
The Post was forced into closure on June 21, 2016 over disputed tax arrears of K51 million.
The matter was challenged in court and the newspaper managed to get orders from the Tax Appeals Tribunal to reopen which were never respected.
But on November 2, 2016, The Post was placed on provisional liquidation with Lusaka lawyer Lewis Mosho being appointed as provisional liquidator after five former Post employees sued the company claiming salary and other arrears.
ZRA, Invest Trust Bank and other institutions joined the matter which Post founder Fred M’membe is challenging on grounds that the judge who presided over the liquidation, judge Sunday Nkonde has personal interests in the matter.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Lungu explains why he didn’t intervene in maize floor price - 23 Nov 2017
- Ugly divorce leads to closure of Komboni Radio - 23 Nov 2017
- Police summon Kambwili - 23 Nov 2017
- DEC arrests Lusaka businessman for trafficking in cannabis - 23 Nov 2017
- Toll fees are too high – Kafue MP - 23 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend