by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
ZRA places Post assets on auction saleBy Mukosha Funga on 5 Apr 2017
The Zambia Revenue Authority will host an auction sale for The Post Newspapers Limited (in liquidation) assets on April 22.
According to a notice circulated in the press by the ZRA Debt Recovery Unit, items on sale include trucks, office and studio equipment, furniture and fittings as well as newspaper printing facility.
The items will be available for viewing on April 20 and 21.
The Post was forced into closure on June 21, 2016 over disputed tax arrears of K51 million.
The matter was challenged in court and the newspaper managed to get orders from the Tax Appeals Tribunal to reopen which were never respected.
But on November 2, 2016, The Post was placed on provisional liquidation with Lusaka lawyer Lewis Mosho being appointed as provisional liquidator after five former Post employees sued the company claiming salary and other arrears.
ZRA, Invest Trust Bank and other institutions joined the matter which Post founder Fred M’membe is challenging on grounds that the judge who presided over the liquidation, judge Sunday Nkonde has personal interests in the matter.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye - 23 Aug 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,796 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,230 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,606 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,521 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,280 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend