- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police have charged Hakainde Hichilema with treason on grounds that the opposition UPND leader did not give way to President Edgar Lungu’s motorcade in Mongu.
And Police destroyed property at HH’s house as they hunted him down last night.
According to UPND lawyer Jack Mwiimbu police have not yet officially charged HH but had detained him on treason charges before recording a warn and caution statement from him.
Mwiimbu explained that the charge was nonsensical and complained that the police were acting on orders from officials in the ruling party.
“The reason behind that charge is that Treason is non bailable. The charge is nonsensical and no sensible lawyer can come up with such a charge. There is no Treason that was committed along that Limulunga Road on that basis. That is just being nonsensical. And the unfortunate part is that the police are being unprofessional considering that it is the PF who have been proposing that HH must be charged with Treason,” said Mwiimbu.
Take a listen.
Meanwhile, police today blocked private media journalists from filming HH as he was led into detention in Lilayi.
But journalists from Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation, Zambia Daily Mail, Times of Zambia and Daily Nation were allowed to enter Lilayi police camp to film.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Tendai Biti regrets fall of Zambia’s democracy - 16 Aug 2017
- They raided my son’s office, not mine – Mulongoti - 15 Aug 2017
- Lungu’s oil exploration launch in legal tumble - 13 Aug 2017
- State to free HH tomorrow, reports Reuters - 13 Aug 2017
- Political Parties Bill not democratic – Antonio - 11 Aug 2017
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- ZANASU drags Luo to court over threats to ban students unions - 17 Aug 2017
- Minister explains mandatory HIV testing policy - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
- It is not a nolle: Treason case has been dropped in public interest – Mwiimbu - 16 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend