- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
Police have charged Hakainde Hichilema with treason on grounds that the opposition UPND leader did not give way to President Edgar Lungu’s motorcade in Mongu.
And Police destroyed property at HH’s house as they hunted him down last night.
According to UPND lawyer Jack Mwiimbu police have not yet officially charged HH but had detained him on treason charges before recording a warn and caution statement from him.
Mwiimbu explained that the charge was nonsensical and complained that the police were acting on orders from officials in the ruling party.
“The reason behind that charge is that Treason is non bailable. The charge is nonsensical and no sensible lawyer can come up with such a charge. There is no Treason that was committed along that Limulunga Road on that basis. That is just being nonsensical. And the unfortunate part is that the police are being unprofessional considering that it is the PF who have been proposing that HH must be charged with Treason,” said Mwiimbu.
Take a listen.
Meanwhile, police today blocked private media journalists from filming HH as he was led into detention in Lilayi.
But journalists from Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation, Zambia Daily Mail, Times of Zambia and Daily Nation were allowed to enter Lilayi police camp to film.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Leakages are proof that civil servants are unhappy – Namulambe - 22 Jan 2018
- My dismissal from PSPF was strange, explains Dr Mwiinga - 19 Jan 2018
- Govt withholds salaries for FIC employees - 17 Jan 2018
- Lungu fires Pension Fund boss Mwiinga, against Board’s recommendation - 11 Jan 2018
- Lusambo renews his praise for Lungu, love for PF - 9 Jan 2018
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- Govt threatens to cancel CBU unions’ licenses for locking up VC - 23 Jan 2018
- Amnesty International seeks protection for Pilato - 23 Jan 2018
- PF cadres attack Kambwili’s supporters at Central Police - 23 Jan 2018
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges - 23 Jan 2018
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves - 22 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Antonio too young for politics of the belly
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend