- by Joseph Mwenya on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
PF dismisses HH poisoning claimsBy Mukosha Funga on 16 Apr 2017
Patriotic Front media director Sunday Chanda says UPND allegations that the tear gas used on Hakainde Hichilema was laced with poison are politically fraudulent, dumb-founded and absurd.
Responding to UPND spokesperson Charles Kakoma in a statement today, Sunday said no one in their right minds would investigate such bogus claims.
“In conclusion, therefore, we find Mr Kakoma’s allegations politically fraudulent, dumb-founded and absurd. It is indeed laughable that Charles Kakoma is trying to get the attention and sympathy of the International community with such pathetic lies. No one in their right mind would even waste time to investigate such a bogus ‘poisoning’ claim. Clearly the UPND have nothing else to talk about. We urge them to invest their energy to reflect on their wrong doings and seek forgiveness and not keep peddling falsehoods. Members of the public are therefore advised to ignore Mr. Kakoma’s hallucinations and wait for the due process of the law on Mr Hichilema’s matter,” Sunday stated.
He observed that HH was in perfect health; without any bruising or swelling on the day he was apprehended.
“Firstly, in their usual failed propaganda style, the UPND spokesperson Charles Kakoma is now claiming that a poisonous chemical was used in the teargas at Mr. Hakainde Hichilema (HH) residence on April 10th 2017. We would like to remind members of the public that HH himself started this allegation as proven by text messages he kept sending to his pay masters and sympathisers while in hiding. Secondly, HH claimed that his face, eyes, lips and indeed his skin were swollen. This news went viral in the early hours of April 11th 2017, shortly before he was apprehended and taken into Police custody,” Sunday stated.
“Thirdly, to everyone’s amazement, HH was in perfect health without any bruises or swelling on any part of his body. His perfect health was further confirmed by his wife in a video recording where she categorically stated that her husband HH as she fondly calls him was in perfect health. Mrs Hakainde further narrated how she was the only one who was affected by the teargas and added that she fainted only because she is asthmatic and not that there was any poisonous chemical in the teargas.”
He also wondered why HH’s wife Mutinta and son were not affected by the ‘poison’.
“Fourthly, HH, his wife and son reportedly locked themselves up in a room during the raid and it is worth noting that the trio were subjected to the same teargas. Therefore, if at all there was indeed any poisonous chemical in that teargas it should have affected all three of them. It is strange that the poisoning spared the son and mother but only affected HH yet they were in the same room,” stated Sunday.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- 20-year-old man rapes 112-year-old in Kazungula - 18 Dec 2017
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend