- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
EFF hails Lungu’s election, condemns HH arrestBy Mukosha Funga on 19 Apr 2017
Although Mr Hakainde Hichilema’s neo-liberal ideas will not lead to much needed transformation of social circumstances and economic emancipation in Zambia, there is no need to arrest him,” says Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters Party of South Africa.
In a statements issued yesterday and signed by party spokesperson Mbuyiseni Quintin Ndlozi, the EFF noted that President Lungu was democratically elected into office following an effective campaign, but warned that the Head of State risked losing moral gravity and political sensibility if he does not intervene and release Hichilema.
“The Economic Freedom Fighters notes with grave concern the arrest of Zambian opposition leader of United Party for National Development, Mr Hakainde Hichilema. The EFF further notes the unwarranted house raids and harassment of Mr Hichilema’s family. The EFF condemns the arrest of Mr Hichilema in strongest possible terms, particularly when such is political arrest and intolerance,” the statement read in part.
The people of Zambia, through peaceful elections chose President Edgar Lungu, whom through political tolerance and harmonious contestation of ideas was able to lead an effective campaign. Despite Mr. Hichilema’s neo-liberal ideas that will not lead to much needed transformation of social circumstances and economic emancipation in Zambia, there is no need to arrest him. There is no reason enough that should lead to political intolerance, violence and arrest of those that we disagree with, despite opposing political views. The EFF will never tolerate political arrest and intolerance anywhere in the world, regardless of opposing views, particularly opposing views of political orientation.”
The EFF, a radical socialist movement and break away party from the African National Congress, notted that intolerance often reflected political parties that are terrified of political contestation.
“We believe President Lungu had made progressive and admirable decisions to work with members of opposition parties when elected in office to transform social circumstances and economic emancipation of the people of Zambia, which makes the arrest of opposition leaders unreasonable, reckless and regrettable,” read the EFF statement.
“The EFF calls for immediate release of Mr Hichilema. If President Lungu wishes to retain any moral gravity and political sensibility to emancipate people of Zambia, he must do the right thing, intervene and ensure that Mr Hichilema is released and all charges are dropped with immediate effect. The EFF will write an official letter to the president of Zambia to request that he avoids political arrests and all forms of intolerance. The continent needs to move towards acceptance of political differences.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- UNZA allows only half of barred students to sit for exams - 22 Aug 2017
- Mopani losing $3m a day due to power tariff stand-off - 21 Aug 2017
- Kambwili pleads not guilty to traffic offenses - 21 Aug 2017
- Govt u-turns on mandatory HIV testing - 21 Aug 2017
- Kambwili in court for traffic offenses - 21 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend