- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
UPND to participate in Africa Freedom Day festivities, hold peaceful protestsBy Mukosha Funga on 24 May 2017
In this audio, United Party for National Development national chairperson Mutale Nalumango says the party will take part in tomorrow’s Africa Freedom Day festivities by ceasing the opportunity to hold peaceful protests against the violation of human rights.
But PF Lusaka Youth Chairman Kennedy Kamba says the UPND want to cause anarchy.
In the audio, made available to News Diggers! by the UPND media team, Nalumango invites party members to come out in numbers and march for peace.
“Africa Freedom Day is the day that we remember as Africans as the day we gained freedom from our colonial masters. But now we are seeing that Zambia is going down the drain and we have to fight that. We cannot accept the misapplication of the public order act by people who feel they are above the law. As UPND, we have chosen to commemorate this day by having peaceful marches and protests,” said Nalumango.
Asked if she was not afraid of attacks from the ruling party, Nalumango said; “We have lived in fear for too long and it has now become normal.”
Take a listen:
But in a statement, Kamba accused the UPND of wanting to cause anarchy.
“There plan to participate in this year’s Africa Freedom Day Celebrations is aimed at causing confusion and as much as possible, they plan to embarrass His Excellency the President of Zambia Mr Edgar Chagwa Lungu. We are asking the Zambia Police and other Security agencies to be on high alert and ensure public peace is preserved and the rightful honour and dignity is accorded to our fallen African heroes,” said Kamba.
“They intend to play to the gallery, knowing too well that there is both international and local media in the country. It does not matter who the perpetrator is, but anyone or any grouping that disturbs or intends to disturb public peace should be dealt with by the full force of law. It will be there fault should they be embarrassed before the same cameramen.”
Kamba asked PF youths to restrain themselves even under extreme provocation.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson - 20 Nov 2017
- Quarry flying stone kills nearby juvenile - 20 Nov 2017
- Zim crisis may affect revenue collection – ZRA - 18 Nov 2017
- Debt standoff with LAP Green will cost Zambia – FDD - 18 Nov 2017
- Rising middle class in Africa will boost tourism – Lungu - 18 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend