by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
S/Africans have no morality to condemn Zambia’s governance – PFBy Mirriam Chabala on 29 May 2017
PF Deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says South Africans have no moral right to comment on how President Edgar Lungu is governing Zambia.
Addressing the press today, Mumbi who has been vocal since the incarceration of UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema, said Zambians fought the Apartheid regime to liberate that country for the benefit of black South Africans.
“Let me take this opportunity to remind South Africa’s DA party that Zambia fought against Apartheid while they were benefiting from it. They have no morality to comment on governance issues anywhere in the world. It is also sad that a black South African has sold out and is now being paraded as the face of the former Apartheid party,” Mumbi said in reference to Mmusi Maimane.
“That is a boy who wants to use Zambia as his play ground. This is a warning that he must not dare Zambians. We do not have room for sale outs like him and his party. like any other citizens in the world, he can visit Zambia but if he breaks the law like he did when he made those remarks which boarded on contempt of court, he will book himself a bed in one of our prison cells.”
Mumbi further accused HH’s wife Mutinta of lying to the international media.
“Let me advice my sister a fellow woman, Mrs Mutinta Hichilema to stop spreading lies about her husband’s arrest especially when she sees international media. This is not what responsible spouses do, of course society expects her to stand with her husband but she must not do so to the extent of telling outright lies. If anything, she must be the last person to be running from one media to another,” she said.
Mumbi also said Hichilema’s lawyers should take the blame for the delayed manner in which the treason case was being handled.
“We would like to take this opportunity to condemn those claiming that President Edgar Lungu is prosecuting Hakainde Hichilema by the ongoing prosecution. Unfortunately, those are the lies and cheap propaganda coming from the UPND camp and their sponsors. This is hypocrisy of the worst order and we ask all right thinking Zambians to reject this narrative,” said Mumbi.
“We would like to set the record straight by saying the delays in Hichilema’s case have nothing to do with the Patriotic Front or indeed the President but the delays have been caused entirely by Hichilema’s lawyers who are addicted to raising preliminary issues over straight forward matters.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC - 22 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime - 22 Mar 2018
- State House clueless on how to handle New York dossier – Chipimo - 22 Mar 2018
- Mweetwa, Kafywaya take corruption debate to TV - 21 Mar 2018
- CTPD questions PF’s appetite for tax - 21 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend