- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
S/Africans have no morality to condemn Zambia’s governance – PFBy Mirriam Chabala on 29 May 2017
PF Deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says South Africans have no moral right to comment on how President Edgar Lungu is governing Zambia.
Addressing the press today, Mumbi who has been vocal since the incarceration of UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema, said Zambians fought the Apartheid regime to liberate that country for the benefit of black South Africans.
“Let me take this opportunity to remind South Africa’s DA party that Zambia fought against Apartheid while they were benefiting from it. They have no morality to comment on governance issues anywhere in the world. It is also sad that a black South African has sold out and is now being paraded as the face of the former Apartheid party,” Mumbi said in reference to Mmusi Maimane.
“That is a boy who wants to use Zambia as his play ground. This is a warning that he must not dare Zambians. We do not have room for sale outs like him and his party. like any other citizens in the world, he can visit Zambia but if he breaks the law like he did when he made those remarks which boarded on contempt of court, he will book himself a bed in one of our prison cells.”
Mumbi further accused HH’s wife Mutinta of lying to the international media.
“Let me advice my sister a fellow woman, Mrs Mutinta Hichilema to stop spreading lies about her husband’s arrest especially when she sees international media. This is not what responsible spouses do, of course society expects her to stand with her husband but she must not do so to the extent of telling outright lies. If anything, she must be the last person to be running from one media to another,” she said.
Mumbi also said Hichilema’s lawyers should take the blame for the delayed manner in which the treason case was being handled.
“We would like to take this opportunity to condemn those claiming that President Edgar Lungu is prosecuting Hakainde Hichilema by the ongoing prosecution. Unfortunately, those are the lies and cheap propaganda coming from the UPND camp and their sponsors. This is hypocrisy of the worst order and we ask all right thinking Zambians to reject this narrative,” said Mumbi.
“We would like to set the record straight by saying the delays in Hichilema’s case have nothing to do with the Patriotic Front or indeed the President but the delays have been caused entirely by Hichilema’s lawyers who are addicted to raising preliminary issues over straight forward matters.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend