- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
S/Africans have no morality to condemn Zambia’s governance – PFBy Mirriam Chabala on 29 May 2017
PF Deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says South Africans have no moral right to comment on how President Edgar Lungu is governing Zambia.
Addressing the press today, Mumbi who has been vocal since the incarceration of UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema, said Zambians fought the Apartheid regime to liberate that country for the benefit of black South Africans.
“Let me take this opportunity to remind South Africa’s DA party that Zambia fought against Apartheid while they were benefiting from it. They have no morality to comment on governance issues anywhere in the world. It is also sad that a black South African has sold out and is now being paraded as the face of the former Apartheid party,” Mumbi said in reference to Mmusi Maimane.
“That is a boy who wants to use Zambia as his play ground. This is a warning that he must not dare Zambians. We do not have room for sale outs like him and his party. like any other citizens in the world, he can visit Zambia but if he breaks the law like he did when he made those remarks which boarded on contempt of court, he will book himself a bed in one of our prison cells.”
Mumbi further accused HH’s wife Mutinta of lying to the international media.
“Let me advice my sister a fellow woman, Mrs Mutinta Hichilema to stop spreading lies about her husband’s arrest especially when she sees international media. This is not what responsible spouses do, of course society expects her to stand with her husband but she must not do so to the extent of telling outright lies. If anything, she must be the last person to be running from one media to another,” she said.
Mumbi also said Hichilema’s lawyers should take the blame for the delayed manner in which the treason case was being handled.
“We would like to take this opportunity to condemn those claiming that President Edgar Lungu is prosecuting Hakainde Hichilema by the ongoing prosecution. Unfortunately, those are the lies and cheap propaganda coming from the UPND camp and their sponsors. This is hypocrisy of the worst order and we ask all right thinking Zambians to reject this narrative,” said Mumbi.
“We would like to set the record straight by saying the delays in Hichilema’s case have nothing to do with the Patriotic Front or indeed the President but the delays have been caused entirely by Hichilema’s lawyers who are addicted to raising preliminary issues over straight forward matters.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Criminal activities have become sophisticated – FIC - 14 Dec 2017
- TAZARA workers resume work after one week strike - 13 Dec 2017
- Some people pay US$5,000 to get honorary degrees – Luo - 13 Dec 2017
- Zambia can double 2018 tax collection target if there’s compliance – Kanyama - 13 Dec 2017
- D/Speaker rebukes Makebi for challenging ConCourt ruling - 12 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend