- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Luapula endorses Lungu for 2021By Mukosha Funga on 5 Jun 2017
Patriotic Front Luapula Province Chairperson Nickson Chilangwa says the province will back President Edgar Lungu’s candidacy at the 2020 General Conference because of the rate at which developmental programmes are being rolled out.
According to a statement issued by PF media director Sunday Chanda today, Chilangwa, who is also Luapula Province Minister, described the Head of Stateb as a transformational leader who has managed to build on late President Michael Sata’s vision of taking development to all parts of the country including areas where the PF receives minimal votes.
Chilangwa also said President Lungu was a good leader because he was uniting the country across tribal lines.
In an interview with Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC), Chilangwa, said contrary to assertions in some quarters that expressing confidence in President Lungu would distract him from delivery, the Province feels that the Head of State like any other deserved a pat on the back and the endorsements were a way of encouraging him to keep on delivering for Zambia.
Chilangwa has since advised all party members to stand with President Lungu and his administration as Patriotic Front implements the 2016-2021 Election Manifesto.
The Luapula Provincial Chairperson has also called on senior members in the Party to lead by example if they are to inspire the ordinary members to uphold discipline.
He said the party should insist on discipline starting with the leadership down to the structures.
Chilangwa appealed to Zambians across the country to continue standing with the PF even as tough decisions were being made.
“While challenges and tough decisions would have to be made, these are designed to position Zambia as one of Africa’s top investment destinations. He cited the 75% tariff increment and bemoaned the lack of investment in the energy sector owing to low and unattractive electricity tariffs. He further clarified that contrary to assertions by certain circles, the 75% tariff increment was not a political but economic matter,” stated Chanda.
“Referring to the 2016-2021 election manifesto on page 61, Hon Chilangwa stated that under Energy, the Patriotic Front promised to attain cost reflective tariffs by 2019, thereby promoting Independent Power Producers (IPPs) to invest in power generation. He emphasized that the Patriotic Front 2016-2021 election manifesto promised to allow ZESCO to make a profit and recapitalise. He said in this context, all Patriotic Front members collectively own the election manifesto and the promises therein and must work to ensure the Party delivers.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
- Falls way villa sues Herve Renard over K742,512 debt - 12 Dec 2017
- Kambwili sues Daily Nation, Sakala for libel - 12 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend