- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
We joined party to eat: East PF rises against govt officials over contractsBy Joseph Mwenda on 19 Jun 2017
Patriotic Front officials in Eastern Province have risen against senior government officers, demanding their immediate transfer from the region because they are giving government contracts to members of opposition political parties.
In this audio, PF provincial secretary Joseph Kolosa demands that President Lungu removes Provincial Permanent Secretary Chanda Kasolo, Deputy Permanent Secretary Patrick Mwanawasa and Chipata District Commissioner, Kalunga Zulu because they are “giving contracts to people who are not in good standing with the party”.
“We are already poor, so we are ready for any consequences of our demands. We joined PF so that tikazipezako pamimba. We are in the ruling party to eat but our stomachs are shrinking,” Kolosa said at a highly charged gathering attended by PF supporters.
“We are demanding the removal of Chanda Kasolo, Deputy PS Patrick Mwanawasa and Chipata District Commissioner, Kalunga Zulu from their respective offices. Bayende, they must go! we need to eat. As a ruling party in the province, we are pleading with massive pain and sorrow that these must go. They have not been working and supporting the party in any way. This has pained us, we are not happy, they are not working with us, but they have continued to occupy these offices.”
He said the three government officials were amassing wealth using private contractors who were not helping the party.
“These three have developed unstoppable appetite of personal wealth to the extent that they are working with contractors who are not in good standing with the party. We have no option but to demand that these unsupportive officers be removed from their respective officers,” Kolosa said.
Take a listen:
The party officials accused the trio of frustrating development in the region and frustrating efforts by Eastern Province minister Makebi Zulu.
“They are giving government contracts to members of the Opposition… The efforts of Honourable Makebi Zulu to grow the party are being frustrated” said Kolosa as party supporters consistently interrupted him with ululating and chanting of “Abash Kasolo! Abash Mwanawasa! Abash uyo winango”
The party leadership in the province demanded that the top civil servants be removed from their offices and be replaced by officers that will respect Makebi Zulu as Provincial minister and who will give contracts to members of the ruling party.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- State House angers Mpezeni: “they treat me like a beggar, I will never go there again” - 19 Oct 2017
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend