- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lungu mocks Kambwili: Those who are unhappy with dialogue are ranting like wild rabid dogsBy Joseph Mwenda and Mukosha Funga on 28 Jun 2017
In this audio, President Edgar Lungu says those who are unhappy that he went to resolve the infighting in the PF on the Copperbelt are now ranting like wild rabid dogs, in apparent reference to Roan member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili.
Kambwili yesterday said the only way that confusion would end among PF members on the Copperbelt was if the Head of State dismissed provincial minister Bowman Lusambo.
When the President Arrived in Ndola for the 2017 Trade Fair, this afternoon, Lusambo told him that he would soon be exposing the perpetrators of confusion on the province.
“When you came you sat us down and as provincial minister, I want to thank you, I want to salute you for that. I can assure you that this province will never be the same. We know the people who were behind those issues which you came to address and very soon, we will be exposing those people to the people of Zambia, the people who want to sabotage your efforts which you are giving to this country through development and uplifting the lives of our people,” said Lusambo to President Lungu at Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport.
In reaction President Lungu gave an analogy implying that some people were hopping that he could fire Lusambo so that they could take over.
“Let me emphasize that when you are divided, your enemies are very happy. When there is bickering in the family, you discover that your enemies enjoy and celebrate. When they see you uniting, they get sick. Those who are not happy as a result of the effort that we made of trying to dialogue are busy ranting like wild rabid dogs; you can tell and we can see them and you can know them. Chaba shani imwe? Abanenu balefwaya ukuteka nga imwe chinshi chashupa? Even pa ng’anda nga muleunfwana nabakashi, abengi tabatemwa. Nga mwapusana ninshi baunfwa bwino, ati limbi balamutamfya tupyaneko,” President Lungu said.
Take a Listen:
He said running a country was a difficult task.
“I want to make this very clear, to those of you who have never been in leadership, ala ukuteka kwalishupa pantu bengi bafwaya uku ingilapo. So ba chairman, ba provincial minister, whatever position you occupy in the province, be reminded that bengi bapafwaya. What they want is to dissolve the committees and bring new people hoping that they can plant their own people in these committees. That we know so when things are going wrong, they encourage that wrong thing. All I can say is that bane, ba provincial, ba district, ba constituency, kuno kumyensu ku Copperbelt you are under probation. We will guide you, we will advise you. Nga mwafilwa mweka pakati, you will have to go,” said the President.
“But we know that when we separate, you have to be careful, the enemy within is more dangerous. Abantu abaunaula umutende abantu muikala nabo. So let me warn you that we did not come to destroy, we came to build. So there is a point beyond which I can say I cannot take this anymore but for now, the Copperbelt, we are with you.”
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- State House angers Mpezeni: “they treat me like a beggar, I will never go there again” - 19 Oct 2017
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Police allow UPND rally - 19 Oct 2017
- Wasteful govt expenditure angers CSOs - 19 Oct 2017
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp - 19 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn’t know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer – Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend