- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
We’ll not protect PF cadres grabbing land – MwilaBy Mukosha Funga on 15 Jul 2017
Patriotic Front Secretary General Davies Mwila has warned party cadres engaged in land grabbing saying no one will be protected from criminality.
But on January 16, Mwila told Kabwe party officials to share land amongst themselves before advertising the rest.
“Yalya ama plot ba mayor, nimwe mu kwete amaka. Ama plots nga yali 500, ba councilor, nimwe mu kwete amaka kweba ati aweh, mwachita advertise 300, mwafumyapo na 200. Namu kwata amaka. 200 mwafumyapo, 300 mwatwala ku chintu bwingi and 200 mwa akanyamo naba ward chairman naba nani (Those plots Mr Mayor, you are the one with the power. If those plots are 500, you the councilors are the ones with the powers to say ‘we shall advertise 300 and remove 200. You have the powers to remove 200 and take the rest for others to access and you can share with the ward chairmen and others),” said Mwila.
“With me, I have told you, that PWD [in reference to the Planning, Information system, Community development and Social welfare committee (PISCDC)] the chairman is PF. Just in there pa pa pa, it’s mathematics, bwali bwa mbusa, [bwakulya akachenjele] [a discreet meal for the wise is only shared among the clever ones]. You throw 300 to the general public, then you know that this 200 even our people should benefit as long as you have followed the law so that tomorrow you are not arrested. Are we together? Chomba’s mother [figuratively speaking] will even be boasting to the neighbour, because the neighbour [who are] the UPND members laugh at our people, because they tell Chomba’s mother [figuratively speaking] that you have come back without even one plot. Now if you can have a plot, you would know because you will point at it.”
Mwila did not retract his statement despite wide criticism from opposition leaders and civil society organizations but instead suspended the party’s Kabwe district chairman Mulenga Chela and his secretary Bostin Mpende who were suspected of leaking the video and audio recordings of his infamous meeting.
However, in a statement issued by PF Media Director Sunday Chanda yesterday, Mwila warned cadres to avoid using the name of the party to engage in criminality.
“The Patriotic Front Secretary General would like to warn party cadres engaging in illegal land grabbing that it will not shield anyone from criminality as the party does not and will not support criminal behaviour or anyone using the party name to engage in criminality. The party as received reports alleging that people calling themselves PF party cadres are involving themselves in illegal land grabbing in Lusaka. The Party will not promote such criminality by individuals identifying themselves as members of the Patriotic Front,” Mwila said.
Mwila called on law enforcement agencies to act on such incidences.
“Political belonging does not immunize criminal offenders from prosecution. President Edgar Lungu and the Patriotic Front party is very clear that we are a party order. We do not support barbaric acts such as illegal land grabbing or illegal land allocation. The party recognises that they are civil leaders and government officials tasked with these duties and as such their offices should be left to carry out these duties without any political interference,” said Mwila.
“Let me emphasis that we shall not entertain criminals using the party name to engage in criminality, we are a party committed to serving the Zambian people and we shall serve them with honour and dignity.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Irregular fuel pricing denotes instability in Zambia’s economy – ActionAid - 23 Oct 2017
- Kambwili is our political consultant – NDC - 22 Oct 2017
- DCs must stay within their districts – Mwila - 22 Oct 2017
- UPND moves rally to Munali next Sunday - 22 Oct 2017
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President – Mwila - 21 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend