- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Prime TV journalist out on bondBy Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017
Prime TV news analyst Mark Simuwe has been granted police bond after spending three nights in a Nakonde cell.
Simuwe is accused of having smuggled a BMW vehicle in 2013.
In an interview, Simuwe claimed his arrest was politically motivated adding that he had reported the vehicle in question stolen in 2014.
“It’s all political and malicious because you cannot arrest a complainant, the whole issue started because I went and reported that my vehicle was stolen in 2014 , now from 2014 up to date because someone did not investigate to check where my vehicle is, they come and arrest me,” said Simuwe.
“When they arrested me, they brought me to Nakonde where they bundled me, they came with guns and C5 Police officers who banished me like a criminal and threw me in cells where there was no toilet, I was using a bucket with seventy five other inmates.”
Simuwe is being represented by a lawyer from Malambo and Company and the matter will be taken to court soon.
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga is a third year Media Studies student at the University of Zambia. He is also a presenter for UNZA Radio's Lusaka Star programme which focuses on politics and current affairs.
- Lusaka man dies at home, wife discovers 3 days later - 25 Sep 2017
- PeP plans countrywide protests against fire tenders - 20 Sep 2017
- CCPC confiscates goods worth K11,800 in N/West Province - 20 Sep 2017
- Sioma farmers hail WWF over conservation farming skills - 2 Sep 2017
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC - 20 Aug 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend