- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
UPND MPs not working, observes HamukaleBy Tenson Mkhala on 25 Jul 2017
Southern Province Minister Edify Hamukale says he is disappointed with Southern Province members of parliament because they are not working.
Speaking when he featured on ZNBC ‘s Government Forum, Hamukale said most of the MPs were being overshadowed by Councillors.
“My disappointment is really, I would say with some of my fellow Members of Parliament who never go to visit the people. They don’t want to work. They don’t want to work with government. But I am extremely happy with the mayors and councillors. I can assure you at the rate we are going, most of the MPs in Southern province will be replaced by councillors and mayors because mayors are working,” Hamukale said.
He said it is time for people of Southern Province to begin to take to task MPs who had gone on holiday, waiting for campaign time.
“So time is now upon the people of Southern Province to begin to take to task MPs who have gone on holiday and they only re-apear during elections. Some MPs don’t even know the number of schools and clinics in their constituencies,” he observed.
And Hamukale said generally, the ordinary people of Southern Province were peaceful and law abiding.
“The ordinary people of Southern province are very peaceful. Just few individuals that want to create some imaginary tension by burning markets and target certain key and sensitive strategic institution infrastructure by way of frustrating government. With article 31 that was debated and agreed upon in Parliament that it should come into effect, there is total peace in Southern Province and we have had that peace,” said Dr Hamukale.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- I told police to add me to the treason case, claims GBM - 17 Aug 2017
- I’m sad that HH is still in prison – Mwaliteta - 8 Aug 2017
- Mwaliteta did not deserve to be in prison – Lawyer - 8 Aug 2017
- Court finds Mwaliteta with no case to answer - 8 Aug 2017
- Resolve Lungu, HH differences before things blow up – Bishop Mfula - 28 Jul 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend