- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Reconciliation process between HH, Lungu has its own ups and downs – MpunduBy Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
Lusaka Archbishop Telesphore Mpundu says the reconciliation process that Catholic bishops are spearheading between President Edgar Lungu and UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema may take time to yield positive results because it has its own ups and downs.
The bishops have so far met both President Lungu and incarcerated Hichilema, and they were back at State House yesterday, as reported by Smart Eagles, to give feedback to the Head of State on their visit to Mukobeko Maximum prison.
Speaking after a second meeting with President Lungu, Archbishop Mpundu said Zambians must not expect immediate results from the winding process.
“We went to [Hichilema to] hear one side and we brought what we heard from him to the President. We came to convey what we heard from him to the President,” Archbishop Mpundu said.
He told journalists that the seed had only been planted and that it was premature to expect immediate harvest.
“There is no conclusion, we are just beginning. The process has its own ups and downs but hopefully the ups and downs are going up so we will see after some time whether we have made progress or not. We can not pre-empt now when we have just started. You are being too impatient. We have just put seeds in the soil and you are waiting for it to be harvested,” said Archbishop Mpundu.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- PF mourns Chief Shibuchinga - 17 Dec 2017
- Police ‘condemn’ beating of CBU student, but deny killing him - 11 Dec 2017
- UNHCR begs for funding as more Congolese flee into Zambia - 11 Dec 2017
- LAZ STATEMENT ON “MISLEADING MEDIA REPORTS” AGAINST THE ASSOCIATION - 11 Dec 2017
- Consent order between judge Nkonde and State is criminal – Changala - 9 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend