- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
There’s now peace in PF after we expelled Kambwili and Musenge, says Davies MwilaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
Patriotic Front Secretary General Davies Mwila says peace has been restored in the ruling party after the expulsion of Roan member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili and former Copperbelt Minister Mwenya Musenge.
And Mwila has charged that Kambwili is opted to challenge his expulsion because he was a coward scared of losing his seat.
Meanwhile, Mwila said Musenge’s political career has died a silent death “like a man dying in his sleep” because no one is talking about him.
In an interview with News Diggers! Mwila accused the expelled officials of having been behind the disunity in the PF.
“Let him form a party, let him announce even tomorrow, we are waiting for them. We knew that they were not with us and thats why we fired them, let them go ahead. They will find us in the battle field,” Mwila said.
“Which disunity, its them the two who brought that disunity. Now there is harmony in the party after they have left, there is unity and you have seen that there is sanity. Who else is talking against the party? No one. That is why we don’t need Kambwili as at now in the party. Let them go and form their own party.”
He said Kambwili had no capacity to retain his parliamentary seat.
“Why is Kambwili challenging the matter in court? He was telling us that he can win Roan, he is rushing to the court, why? He is scared that he can lose the seat. He will still lose the seat, anyway. So let them prove to the country that they are popular, let him withdraw the case from court,” Mwila said.
“The people in Luanshya, they are ready for him, they are waiting for him, the change is there. We will see who is bigger between the party and an individual. So us as a party we are geared, we told him don’t challenge the decision, he has gone ahead, he is a coward. And I agree with what Wynter [Kabimba] said, Wynter said Kambwili is a coward, he is a coward. You tell him that he is a coward. If he is not a coward let him withdraw the case.”
Asked about Musenge’s claim that the PF would not be a factor by 2021 because it had been hijacked, Mwila said no one was interested in hearing Musenge.
“End of PF where? Who is Musenge? From the time Musenge was expelled, who has talked about Mwenya Musenge? No one, he has just died a quiet death. Its like you go and sleep then tomorrow morning they find you are dead, thats how he has died,” charged Mwila.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Cattle disease breaks out in Sinazongwe - 17 Aug 2017
- PF donates K60,000 towards rebuilding City Market - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release not a result of international pressure – Kampamba - 17 Aug 2017
- HH release in public interest – Scotland - 16 Aug 2017
- Revisit policy on compulsory HIV testing, HRC urges govt - 16 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend