- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
UPND confirms Luapula defections to PFBy Mirriam Chabala on 6 Aug 2017
Luapula Province United Party for National Development (UPND) Chairperson Edwin Besa Chimbaka has confirmed four defections of its members to the ruling Patriotic Front (PF).
On Friday, PF Deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri, Luapula Province PF chairman Nickson Chilangwa and other members of the Central Committee welcomed defectors at Henry Courtyard Hotel in Mansa and they declared that it was the entire UPND leadership that had defected in the province.
But in an interview, Chimbaka claimed that only four officials had defected after being paid.
“No, actually that is very untrue. That is the normal PF propaganda…since the 2015 Presidential elections we have had problems and difficulties in handling these guys; Lwendela Chinynta who was IPS for Luapula Province, then we have also a former teacher Mr Musonda who was Vice-Chairman and then we had a treasurer. These are the only people who were actually poached and paid to defect and they have been going round the Province in all districts to poach people to defect with but they drew a plank they literary failed,” said Chimbaka said.
“So the truth is that only four of them like I said were members of our provincial committee. You know our structure consists of 34 members of the provincial committee, now those four are the ones who have been corrupted to join PF to help them with their propaganda. It is not 70 as reported, that is a blue lie and that is propaganda by PF.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Compulsory HIV testing is against human rights – FDD - 16 Aug 2017
- Lufwanyama toasts PF empowerment - 15 Aug 2017
- Fishing ban too short to allow breeding – Chilangwa - 15 Aug 2017
- I would have overshadowed Lungu – Kambwili - 12 Aug 2017
- Reduced fuel prices will reduce cost of living – JCTR - 11 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend