by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Amnesty International SG to discuss human rights challenges with Lungu, othersBy Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
Amnesty International Secretary General Salil Shetty says he will remind President Edgar Lungu of his human rights obligations during his visit to Zambia.
According to a statement issued by Amnesty International Zambia media manager Robert Shivambu today, Shetty will visit the country between October 15 and 18 and will hold discussions with President Edgar Lungu on human rights, as well as meet lawyers, civil society leaders and communities affected by human rights violations.
Amnesty International noted that Zambia was still recovering from last August’s election, which left the country polarised.
“Historically, Zambia has been known for its political tolerance and respect for human rights. It was home to former liberation fighters, including South Africa’s under apartheid,” said Shetty.
“Just like with any country facing human rights challenges, during my visit I will remind authorities, including President Edgar Lungu, of their human rights obligations.”
Salil Shetty will conclude his visit with a press conference tomorrow.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster - 19 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,899 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (2,069 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (2,064 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,505 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (1,038 view)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend