by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
PF cadres beat Max ChonguBy Joseph Mwenda on 24 Nov 2017
PF cadres today beat Max Chongu, a staunch supporter of the ruling party in bizarre circumstances involving car dealers, President Edgar Lungu, his political advisor Kaizer Zulu and the Zambia Cooperatives Federation executive director James Chirwa.
According to Max, who narrated his beating to News Diggers! Chirwa gave some PF cadres US$150, 000 to buy him a Range Rover, which they never delivered.
He said when Chirwa asked for the car, the named cadres claimed that they bought and delivered to State House for President Lungu as a gift.
Chongu claims that it was at that point that he got involved to try and defend President Lungu’s name, a move that annoyed the State House political advisor, who today sent cadres to beat him.
“Chirwa sent Phil and Kelvin to go and buy a Range Rover 2017 model, that’s how they went to South Africa. But balilya indalama, $150,000 yaba ba [James] Chirwa. Then balebepa ati ilya motoka ni KZ ule shitila ba President (they stole the US$150, 000 from Chirwa, but they are lying that the car they bought was arranged by KZ for the President). And quote me exactly what I am telling you,” he said.
“Now, baisa kuno, ulya umwine wa motoka ba Mr Chirwa, bale ipusha ati ‘motoka ilikwisa?’ Ati no, ‘ni Kaizer Zulu uwalandile ati tuleshitila ba President’, ati ‘ni gift iyaba President’. Yali this year mu January, nomba I asked them ‘ba President kuti batuma imwe ukuba shitila motoka?” Baleshupana na ulya muntu (When they came back, Chirwa asked them for the car, and they said Kaizer told us that the car was a gift for the President so we took it to him. It was this year in January. So I asked them how the President could send them to buy a car. They started arguing with that man. That’s when today they came, then Kelvin and Phil called ba Intercity youths saying let’s go and beat Max, he is publicising that story.”
He complained that the cadres followed him at Northmead.
“They followed me at Northmead and I can even point [at] them, I know them. They are upset because I was defending the President I was saying the President cannot send someone to buy a car. Ba Chirwa gave them money to buy a car, they brought the car to Zambia and sold it. Ba Chirwa ZCF director asked them, they are saying ‘no, it is the President who got your car’,” he narrated.
“They bought the vehicle, sold it and ate the money and now they want to use the President’s name to hide. Me I was defending the President and this is what happened. People swindled money from Mr Chirwa, the ZCF chairman. They are saying ‘Kaizer is the one who sent us to attack you because you are blowing our secrets’. Let me give you their names, Kelvin Mutale and Phil Chikuwa.”
And Max posted the statement below on Facebook warning Kaizer that he would face him:
STATELY KAIZER ZULU
I appreciate the beating I suffered at the hands of intercity today and am swollen am told you gave an order through kelvin Mutale and Phil Chikuwa in Northmead and I hope you are happy now.
Kelvin Mutale Bwalya and Phil Chikuwa are rejoicing because they are saying you instructed them.
I’m happy, but I can promise you boss am coming to your house so you kill me.
Finish me am ready to die.
PF DIE HARD
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- Lungu must address debt, loadshedding, mealie meal prices in Parley address – CSPR - 10 Sep 2019
- Don’t ask for credit, find who owns 48 houses, APNAC challenges ACC - 9 Sep 2019
- Van Blerk loses appeal over Baobab land - 2 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,774 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,954 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,633 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,245 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,198 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend