- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
PF cadres beat Max ChonguBy Joseph Mwenda on 24 Nov 2017
PF cadres today beat Max Chongu, a staunch supporter of the ruling party in bizarre circumstances involving car dealers, President Edgar Lungu, his political advisor Kaizer Zulu and the Zambia Cooperatives Federation executive director James Chirwa.
According to Max, who narrated his beating to News Diggers! Chirwa gave some PF cadres US$150, 000 to buy him a Range Rover, which they never delivered.
He said when Chirwa asked for the car, the named cadres claimed that they bought and delivered to State House for President Lungu as a gift.
Chongu claims that it was at that point that he got involved to try and defend President Lungu’s name, a move that annoyed the State House political advisor, who today sent cadres to beat him.
“Chirwa sent Phil and Kelvin to go and buy a Range Rover 2017 model, that’s how they went to South Africa. But balilya indalama, $150,000 yaba ba [James] Chirwa. Then balebepa ati ilya motoka ni KZ ule shitila ba President (they stole the US$150, 000 from Chirwa, but they are lying that the car they bought was arranged by KZ for the President). And quote me exactly what I am telling you,” he said.
“Now, baisa kuno, ulya umwine wa motoka ba Mr Chirwa, bale ipusha ati ‘motoka ilikwisa?’ Ati no, ‘ni Kaizer Zulu uwalandile ati tuleshitila ba President’, ati ‘ni gift iyaba President’. Yali this year mu January, nomba I asked them ‘ba President kuti batuma imwe ukuba shitila motoka?” Baleshupana na ulya muntu (When they came back, Chirwa asked them for the car, and they said Kaizer told us that the car was a gift for the President so we took it to him. It was this year in January. So I asked them how the President could send them to buy a car. They started arguing with that man. That’s when today they came, then Kelvin and Phil called ba Intercity youths saying let’s go and beat Max, he is publicising that story.”
He complained that the cadres followed him at Northmead.
“They followed me at Northmead and I can even point [at] them, I know them. They are upset because I was defending the President I was saying the President cannot send someone to buy a car. Ba Chirwa gave them money to buy a car, they brought the car to Zambia and sold it. Ba Chirwa ZCF director asked them, they are saying ‘no, it is the President who got your car’,” he narrated.
“They bought the vehicle, sold it and ate the money and now they want to use the President’s name to hide. Me I was defending the President and this is what happened. People swindled money from Mr Chirwa, the ZCF chairman. They are saying ‘Kaizer is the one who sent us to attack you because you are blowing our secrets’. Let me give you their names, Kelvin Mutale and Phil Chikuwa.”
And Max posted the statement below on Facebook warning Kaizer that he would face him:
STATELY KAIZER ZULU
I appreciate the beating I suffered at the hands of intercity today and am swollen am told you gave an order through kelvin Mutale and Phil Chikuwa in Northmead and I hope you are happy now.
Kelvin Mutale Bwalya and Phil Chikuwa are rejoicing because they are saying you instructed them.
I’m happy, but I can promise you boss am coming to your house so you kill me.
Finish me am ready to die.
PF DIE HARD
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Govt failing to target resources to key sectors for economic growth – Saasa - 10 Feb 2020
- High Court refuses to stay defamation proceedings against Fresher Siwale - 11 Nov 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- Lungu must address debt, loadshedding, mealie meal prices in Parley address – CSPR - 10 Sep 2019
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (6,767 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (4,898 views)
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (3,296 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (2,642 views)
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing (2,203 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- Mobs kill four more, as police nab 14 for murder
- The real ritual killer is The Mob
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus
- Careless comments on gassing will breed chaos – ZCCB
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing
- It’s every man for himself under Lungu – Milupi
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption
- Chilubi outcome shows 2021 polls won’t be free and fair – AVAP
- Criminals are changing tactics, soldiers can’t root them out instantly – Chama
- Bill 10 has polarized Zambia – Kabimba
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend