- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jan 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
MMD factions resume bickeringBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Jan 2018
Bickering between the Nevers Mumba and Felix Mutati MMD factions has resumed, with the former demanding to take over the party secretariat.
The rival national secretaries of the two camps, Elizabeth Chitika and Raphael Nakacinda are challenging each others legitimacy while the court is yet to rule over the leadership dispute between Mumba and Mutati.
In the latest development, Chitika has written to Nakachinda, demanding that he vacates office.
“This is a letter of demand for you to leave the Secretariat without any further delay by respecting the order of process regarding our Party. The case of the illegal convention that you held in May 2016 at which you purported to have elected yourselves to positions in the Party is before the Courts of law. You are aware of this. In the action before the Court you appear and sign all the legal documents in your personal capacity. You have no legal reason or right for posturing as the MMD National Secretary when in fact your actions are being challenged in the Courts,” stated Chitika.
“The papers from the Registrar of Societies which you have been fronting do not give you any authority at all because they are part of the illegality that stems from the illegal Convention. Therefore, until the Courts have pronounced themselves, you remain an illegal faction group and have no right to hold yourselves out as leaders in our Party… The hour has come and we demand that: you vacate the Secretariat without any further delay, you restrain your self from ransacking the assets of the Party, you wait patiently for the conclusion of the cases before the courts”
She stated that the MMD faction was restraining itself from forcing the Mutati faction out of office.
“We wish to put it on record that, the only reason we have not acted in an unreasonable and confrontational manner before and do not wish to do so now, is because we care about our party and wish for it to remain at peace with itself. Please consider this as our final demand that you vacate the Secretariat,” stated Chitika.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- All 473 forest reserves have been encroached – Kapata - 23 Jan 2018
- Don’t relax, cholera is still around – Health PS - 23 Jan 2018
- Times, Daily Mail Boards represent One Zambia Two nations – VJ - 23 Jan 2018
- Lungu deserves unquestionable loyalty – Mwila - 23 Jan 2018
- Govt takes no pleasure in keeping UNZA, CBU closed – PS - 23 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Serial adjournments in Lungu's eligibility case irk ConCourt
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend