- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Kambwili is being persecuted – NDCBy Thomas Mulenga on 22 Mar 2018
National Democratic Congress spokesperson Eric Chanda says the recent raiding and searching of Roan PF member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili’s by the Anti-Corruption Commission and Police is an act of political persecution
And Chanda says Lusaka Province needs a minister who understands economic issues, not a cadre.
Meanwhile, Chanda implored Higher Education Minister Professor Nkandu Luo to change the way she was running learning institutions.
Speaking when he featured on UNZA Radio’s Lusaka Star program, Tuesday, Chanda said there was a witch hunt against Kambwili.
“When Honorable Dr Chishimba Kambwili was called by the ACC, he went there, they started asking him questions about a company called Mwamona Engineering to which he is not even a director. You and me have been to school, we know the rules of a company, it has directors and that is an entity in itself. If it has issues, the directors can be sued in their capacity because it’s a limited company. Now here you are, having the ACC asking somebody who is not even part and parcel of the directorship of that company, is that not witch-hunting? Is that not trying to find wrongs in some body?” Chanda asked.
“When he was called they started asking him from years immemorial, asking him to start explaining ‘where did you get this money you deposited in your account’ those are issues we call witch-hunting and a process of persecution because you don’t have a clear case against somebody but you just want to persecute him, for the sake of persecuting, settling political scores. We are saying stop wasting tax payers money, ensure that when you are constituting an investigation, there is enough evidence and a person must be clear that I have committed an offense.”
And Chanda said President Lungu should appoint people who understand governance and development issues as ministers, not cadres.
“Please President Edgar Lungu, go down to the people, hear what the people want, do what the people want, tell your ministers to go to get to work and ensure that they provide leadership to this country. We cannot have so many ministers but what we are achieving is very minimal. I think for a country like Zambia, President Edgar Lungu you are even better off with five ministers than all this rot who are just there, just getting money. And please, ensure that you give this country deserving people to run this country, look at Lusaka and Copperbelt provinces, these are economic provinces which we need a minister, well informed, who understands the economic factors of this country, mwaya mwatupela ba cadre ati Lusaka Province Minister (you go and bring a cadre and say this is the Lusaka Province Minister),”
Meanwhile, Chanda advised Professor Nkandu Luo to change the way she was managing higher learning institutions
“It is so painful to see what is happening in the education sector in Zambia, thank you Dr Kenneth Kaunda for educating bamayo ba Nkandu Luo but the steps she has taken towards education in this country, I am not happy. You cannot have universities closed for petty reasons, really it’s so shocking. You say you are closing UNZA because of cholera, there is East Park Mall here, people socialize there, there is no cholera, there is Mayela night club just here in Kalingalinga next to UNZA, there is no cholera, there is Kalundu here, there is no cholera, only at UNZA there is cholera?” asked Chanda.
“Look at CBU, the wrangles are simple, one man, the vice chancellor who has not lived up to the expectations, he has differed with lecturers, he has differed with students, he has even differed with the cleaners at the institution, you are just keeping quiet, supporting one man at the expense of the economic development of this country, can you sort out that vice chancellor and ensure that the university continue running smoothly. I am not happy with the way ba mayo ba Nkandu Luo is managing the education sector of this country, you need to change! Elo ba Lungu, you cannot take somebody uufililwe ukusunga abena Munali, mumunali fye muno, we have problems she cannot come to help us, twaikala kwati bana banshiwa, it looks like we have no MP. Naba Mumbi Phiri balipo bwino because nangu namukwata ubwafya balebutukilako ati iyoo mwebantu katucule bonse, nomba bamayo ba Nkandu Luo katwishi ifyo mwabapanga, she can’t keep Munali, baleta ubwafya bwabo naku ministry of higher education, twapapata tweleleni (how do you get someone who has failed to run her constituency and make her education minister? Even Mumbi Phiri was better as Munali MP. She used to listen to the people and suffer with them), education is an education sector, let’s ensure that we handle education in a proper manner.”
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,446 view)
- Nondo's defection shocks NAREP (1,049 view)
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (913 views)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (878 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (788 views)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend