by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Shakas breaks silence, lambasts loyalty-seeking rotten regimeBy Mukosha Funga on 2 Nov 2018
Former Katuba UPND member of parliament Jonas Shakafuswa says he can never idolize people who count their power by stealing from the poor.
In an uncharacteristic Facebook posting, Wednesday, Shakafuswa said his loyalty was with the nation.
“I love my self. I don’t idolize men. Because they tend to succumb to human greed and selfishness. I have only fear of the Lord. So for these semi Gods just know that I will show that in fact you are the wrong Chaps. People count their power by stealing from the poor and want us to idolize them. Rubbish. Teshi chishi cha Ba manyina wanu. They want Loyalty when they are rotten Corrupt ! Not from me. I owe it to the nation,” Shakafuswa, who defected to the PF in 2016, stated.
His posting sparked an interesting discourse, with some of his followers congratulating him for being blunt to which he responded; “There has to be a time when we call a spade a spade. We can’t be cowed by thugs and you say we have a Nation. Thugs place in in Prison.”
Among those who supported his posting were former Sinda MMD member of parliament Levy Ngoma, who is now UPND chairman for agriculture.
“Jonas my friend. That’s the original you!! Fearless Zambian!! Let’s work together to redeem mother land! Well spoken!!” wrote Ngoma.
However, Martin Chikondi attacked Ngoma saying, “yes, but you Levy are just as bad as those PF thugs. May God never allow you back into Parliament,” to which Shakafuswa responded, “Martin Chikondi are you sure you can decide my fate? No you can’t. People earn Loyalty and respect. I left UPND because leader wanted to be treated like a God. What do you call morality. Supporting something you don’t believe in.”
Another follower, Melvin Banda, however, charged that Shakafuswa was politically unstable and could therefore not be trusted.
“Shaka, you are not somebody anybody can trust, even yourself you know that, as you are right now you can’t proudly associate with the PF and even the UPND because you are considered rotten in both camps, teshi chish chabanyinawabo just like you, be honest, realistic and stable politically,” Banda charged.
In response, Shakafuswa lamented that politics had become about tribe in Zambia.
“Experience is the best teacher. Are you sure I need a political Party for a platform. I have no political ambition. But talk for Zambia I will. And for your information, I have a big Constituency in Zambia. Zambian Politics has no Ideological orientation. It is anchored on tribe. This is what has killed the Nation. A tribe in power wanting to keep power over other tribes. Opposition wanting power to replace a certain tribe. You call that politics? You say I thought I could swim in money for supporting PF. No. If I wanted I could. There are so many opportunities. I wasn’t raised that way. I am very comfortable as I am. I supported PF because I believe at that time HH was not ripe enough to be President. Not the money. But what [if] I took a chance, HH could have won. But I took my support base to ECL,” Shakafuswa wrote.
Meanwhile, a UPND sympathizer Enock Seith warned Shakafuswa not to return to the opposition party.
“Dance to their tune becos you have no morality where politics is concerned. You are no different from a headless chicken. Dont even try to come to upnd becos judas’ can never trusted at all,” wrote Seith.
But Shakafuswa told him that he did not believe UPND was the solution.
“Enock Seith you think UPND is the solution . No I don’t need to be soiled by tribal division. Zambia will find a voice. Not through tribal politics but Zambian solution. Don’t subscribe to Politics which align itself with tribe. Talk of pay. Don’t you think I could have been idolizing someone? Not me. Most political leaders want to be treated like Gods. No they are human,” wrote Shakafuswa.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye - 23 Aug 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,774 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,954 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,633 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,245 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,198 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend