- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Zambia has leadership deficiency – KalabaBy Tenson Mkhala in Lukulu on 3 Dec 2018
Bahati PF member of parliament Harry Kalaba says Zambians are suffering because of a leadership deficiency.
Speaking when he visited Sitaka Holy Spirit Parish in Lukulu district, Saturday, Kalaba who is also Democratic Party 2021 aspiring presidential candidate, said Zambians lacked proper leadership.
“What people are lacking is not that they do not have good soil, it’s not that they do not have enough rains. It’s not that they do not have human capital. People have all these but the people are lacking leadership. We have leadership deficiency in this country and the biggest challenge again is, there is a disconnect between those that should be leading the people and those that are leading and because of this disconnect, poverty levels keeps on swelling and as they say
swell, they say when two elephants are fighting, it is the grass that suffers. So our people are suffering and we need to do something,” Kalaba said.
Kalaba wondered why government had failed to work on the Lukulu – Katuda raod which he termed an economic road.
“Lukulu – Katunda – Watopa, this is an economic road. This is the road which connects from Western Province to North Western Province. Imagine if the two provinces were connected, it would be easy for our people to trade from Western Province into North Western Province and vice versa and if this road is improved, even the traveling modalities will be easy for our people meaning trade also will be easy. The produce which is being grown from Lukulu coming to the town will be easier, but the way things are, this is really sad. It is extremely sad and I am happy that I have walked on this road that is why I am running for office of President because we need to correct these anomalies. We are all citizens of this country and there can’t be an explanation on why the Lukulu-Katunda road has not been done. This has to be corrected, honestly, and we cannot continue like this,” he said.
And Kalaba said he was running for presidency in 2021 because he wanted to improve the welfare of citizens in rural areas.
“That is why I am running for president. It is because the rural populace has been neglected. People living in the rural Zambia are like they do not exist and for me, I want to insist on the rural areas because our wealth lies precisely in the rural areas. Because here in Lukulu, you have not only fertile soil but Lukulu has a lot of timba. Lukulu here grows a lot of rice. Lukulu here has a lot of fish but how come the people here are still living below poverty lines? So for me, it’s a question of leadership. You fix that, you fix everything,” said Kalaba.
“Farmers are not receiving their fertilizer on time, they are not receiving their farming inputs on time. The FISP program has collapsed and what has happened now is that our people are surviving on the mercies of God. And there comes in the Church because it now continues to play a prophetic role to give hope where there is no hope and we want to encourage them so that they may know that not all hope is lost.”
And in welcoming Kalaba, Father Peter Sianga said the role of the Church was to welcome and give advice to everyone, including politicians.
“The church gives advice to everyone, including politicians hence the need to welcome everyone regardless of his or her status in the society. We are there to welcome everyone and give counsel to all who may need it,” said Fr Sianga.
Kalaba is in Western Province to understand the challenges people face.Related Items
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (7,519 views)
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country - Kampyongo (6,276 views)
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington (5,982 views)
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili's actions border on lawlessness (3,199 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (3,196 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- God hates such useless prayers!
- We hope ACC has done its homework on Chilufya – TIZ
- IMF won’t bailout Zambia – Hamududu
- Govt still owes agro dealers K781m, Katambo tells Parley
- Close schools if govt can’t guarantee children’s safety, insists NAQEZ
- Opposition using people to bring confusion – Kampyongo
- Lusambo’s $100,000 loan offer to Kabushi teachers an insult, says UPND aspirant
- I love dealing with animals because they don’t talk – Luo
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington
- CTPD calls for practical measures for economic recovery
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country – Kampyongo
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend