by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Vote PF or suffer, Lungu tells SeshekeBy Mirriam Chabala on 12 Feb 2019
President Edgar Lungu yesterday told the people of Sesheke in Western Province to either vote for the opposition and continue suffering or choose development by voting for the ruling party.
And President Lungu says he is very fit and able to stand on his own, contrary to assertions by the opposition.
Addressing a rally in Maondo, where he went to drum up support for ruling party candidate Dean Masule, President Lungu told Sesheke residents that they had until midnight to decide their fate.
“The reason why I came here is to assure you people of this area that PF wants to work with you. PF wants to bring development to this part of the country and all other parts of the country in order to leave no one behind. We have discovered that the opposition means no good for the Zambian people because they refuse their members of parliament to work corporate and work with us. So if you want to remain behind in the development agenda for Zambia, you should go ahead and vote for the opposition. You have between tonight and tomorrow morning to decide,” President Lungu said.
And President Lungu said he is fit and ready to stand on his own.
“[I know] that some of you are only here simply because of the lies you heard from the UPND that Lungu is a very tired man who cannot even stand on his own. I know that they have told you [a lot] of things about me but now that you have seen me for yourselves, I am sure you can now make up your minds to vote for us,” he said.
The President insisted that government under the PF could only take development to Sesheke if residents voted for the ruling party candidate.
“If you want to wait for development, come 2021, you can wait. But if you want to see development starting tomorrow, give us Dean Masule because when he comes to Parliament in Lusaka, he will be telling us that this is what you need. You know Dean, right? This man was born and bred here in Sesheke. He knows your needs because he also has the same needs as you. But the only difference is that Dean will be able to talk to me [when] other MPs from the opposition won’t talk to me. And since I want him to succeed, I won’t give him chance to rest, I will be on the impression that he will bring development to Sesheke. I don’t want him to fail because we promised the people of Zambia development throughout the country,” said President Lungu.
“Secondly, we are a very cultured group, in PF we respect people because we know that we are in this position because of you. We are not like those leaders who think they know everything and they have the monopoly of wisdom, no! We listen to you because we know that you know better what kind of development we should bring to you.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Debt repayments mustn’t impede social sector spending in 2020 budget – ZTP - 10 Oct 2019
- UPND accuses Siamunene of exploiting hunger crisis to make political comeback - 9 Oct 2019
- Corruption, tribalism must be key prayer points on Oct 18 – CCZ - 8 Oct 2019
- It was impossible to consult everyone on Bill 10 – Lubinda - 4 Oct 2019
- Foote urges Zambian youth to get tested for HIV - 4 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,078 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,136 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,045 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,023 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,010 view)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend