by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Lusaka woman sues Chingola colleague for calling her prostituteBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Feb 2019
A businesswoman of Lusaka’s Kamwala South has dragged another woman of Chingola to court for allegedly calling her a prostitute and other unprintables after she refused to give the defendant money in exchange for information on her husband’s infidelity.
Victoria Sichone, who has sued Astridah Mukutu, is seeking compensation for defamation of character, as well as, exemplary damages for emotional turmoil.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court, February 14, Victoria stated that sometime in 2017, Astridah called her with a view to extort money from her by making up a story that her (Victoria’s) husband was in Chingola with another woman.
Victoria stated that Astridah told her that if she wanted to hear more, she was to pay for the information.
She added that when she refused to pay, Astridah published an oral statement, charging that Victoria was a fool, prostitute among other unpalatable things.
“The said words were understood to mean that; the plaintiff has poor judgement or intelligence, she is fond of having sexual intercourse with other men in exchange for money and that she can’t be trusted,” read the statement of claim.
Victoria lamented that the said words had injured her character and had caused her to be ridiculed, scorned and had further diminished the esteem, respect and goodwill with some members of the family.
She stated that despite her insisting that Astridah issued an unreserved apology, the latter had blatantly refused to do so.
“By reason of the publication of the said words, Victoria has been injured in her professional standing character, reputation and has suffered distress, embarrassment and has been brought into public scandal, odium, ridicule and contempt,” read the statement of claim.
Victoria is now claiming compensation for defamation of character, aggravated and general damages for slander, exemplary damages for emotional turmoil suffered, interest, costs and any other relief the court may deem fit.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court - 15 Oct 2019
- I smoke marijuana to cool my temper, Lusaka man tells court - 15 Oct 2019
- Siwale asks High Court to halt his Defamation of the President case - 15 Oct 2019
- Lungu can’t be compelled to avail Mutembo report on his dismissal – Kalaluka - 14 Oct 2019
- UPND a strong opposition party, will remain that way beyond 2021 – Minister - 14 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,844 views)
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,401 views)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,813 view)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,808 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,613 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend