- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Youths doomed under PF – MuchelekaBy Thomas Mulenga on 14 Mar 2019
UPND deputy secretary general Patrick Mucheleka says President Edgar Lungu’s failure to address youths when he went to officiate at the Youth Day celebrations in Lusaka, Tuesday, showed that youths were doomed under his leadership.
And Mucheleka says Lusaka Province Minister Bowman Lusambo is daydreaming to think that PF will easily win the 2021 elections because President Lungu has no competition.
In an interview, Wednesday, Mucheleka said President Lungu missed an opportunity to interact with the youths and tell them what government was doing to create opportunities for them.
“It was very unfortunate that the President decided not to give hope to the youths at that important occasion. Mind you, the situation in this country is so desperate especially with regard to unemployment, poverty, inequality. All those challenges have the face of the youths, the most afflicted person by high levels of unemployment, high levels of poverty and inequality are the youths. The President should have used that occasion to give hope to the youths by indicating what government policy is regarding how the youths are going to be assisted or how the government is attempting to create an environment that creates hope for the youths,” Mucheleka said.
“The hope for the youths could have come from the head of state himself, not what we were seeing yesterday where Kampyongo as usual was tasked to go and round up youths, they gave them beer, they were insulting opposition leaders, the opposition alliance, that’s what they were doing. I thought they should have been talking about how they are going to create jobs for the youths, giving them hope, that’s what leadership is all about, giving hope to the hopeless youths. The youths are doomed, there is no future for the youths under the PF administration and the evidence is there going by what the President exhibited yesterday, failing to speak to the youths, failing to make eye contact with the youths.”
He said government-led youth empowerment projects were only benefiting PF youths.
“We have the majority of our youths that have totally been excluded from participating in any economic activities. The youth empowerment fund with its good intention has a lot of problems to a point where it is has been turned into the PF youth fund, but even with that, within the PF itself, there is nothing that we have seen with PF youths on how they have been able to access that funding, other than them being used as tools of political violence,” Mucheleka said.
“Where is the hope for the youths? What the President should have done yesterday as he met the youths was to respond to them on what measures government was putting in place to address their challenges. We have degree holders roaming the streets, youths whose education is being cut off because meal allowance for the poorest of the poor’s’ children was scrapped off.”
And Mucheleka said Lusambo was daydreaming to think that the 2021 elections would be a walkover.
“Bowman Lusambo is day dreaming with his hallucination that the PF will win the 2021 general election. On what basis can he expect the people of Zambia to vote for the PF in 2021 with all this suffering that they have casued on people due to poor economic policies and corruption? That can only happen if they say that they are going to manipulate the ECZ to declare them as winners, maybe that’s what Lusambo is saying. And even that would be the case, the people will triumph, they claim their victory in 2021. It is not up to Lusambo or Lungu to determine what will happen in 2021, it is up to the people of Zambia, who have been subjected to mediocre leadership of the PF to decide and they will accordingly decide,” said Mucheleka.
“Lusambo can say that because he thinks they are going to use the money they are acquiring through corruption to buy people and manipulate the election results. But we have seen in so many situations where people have gone ahead to reject a failing regime despite them pumping in a lot of money in the campaigns. When people are fade up with a regime, they don’t care how much money you give them, their will shall eventually triumph. So let not Lusambo who has just come to benefit from what people like Chishimba Kambwili worked for so hard by campaigning for PF and President Edgar Lungu to win the 2016 elections. Today Lusambo hallucinate and daydream about president Lungu being re-elected in 2021 because he has to appear relevant within the PF.”
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,123 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,848 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (939 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (894 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (880 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend