by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Even if PF takes 22 years to accept me, I’ll wait – GBMBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 May 2019
Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba says even if the ruling Patriotic Front decides to readmit him to the party in 2041, he will wait because he will be more comfortable there than he was in UPND.
And GBM who is the former vice-president of the biggest opposition party says he felt irrelevant and sidelined in UPND.
Last month, PF Secretary General Davies Mwila said only President Edgar Lungu had the power to override the PF Central Committee’s pending decision and accept GBM’s readmission to the party before three years, stressing that this discretion could only be made if the former UPND vice-president formally wrote a letter to the secretariat, declaring his intention to rejoin.
When asked in an interview with News Diggers! if he would apply in writing to rejoin the ruling party, GBM said he applied a day after he resigned from UPND.
“Why not? Because every party has got rules and regulations on how to run the party. And for your [own] information, I have already done that. I did just a day after I resigned. I already wrote,” he said.
Asked if he was willing to wait for the three years before being readmitted, GBM said he was willing to wait because he would be more comfortable in PF.
He said even after 2042 he could wait because PF was his home, adding that he was very much humiliated in UPND.
“I’m ready to wait because I think I will be more comfortable in that party than in UPND. Even after 2042, I can wait. If I will be readmitted in 2041, I can still wait. Because I think my home is in PF not in UPND. There is hope in that party and there is sanity in that party. Its not run by a dictator. I was very much humiliated (in UPND),” GBM said.
Asked what kind of humiliation, he lamented that he felt irrelevant and sidelined in the opposition party.
“So many things, you know to be sidelined. And to be irrelevant in a party, then thats humiliation on its own. For a politician of my magnitude, its humiliation,” he lamented.
On April 23, this year, GBM resigned from UPND and rejoined the ruling Patriotic Front party.
He also vowed to dismantle the opposition party saying he would soon embark on a countrywide tour to de-campaign the party.
GBM also apologised to President Lungu “for all the insults he showered on him”.
This was only two weeks after he vowed that he would never dare return to PF because it was a party of criminals who had caused a misery on the people of Zambia. He said he was worth over US$50 million and as such, no one could buy him in the ruling party.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- If Nevers is allowed to lead the party, there’ll be no MMD, witness tells court - 13 Sep 2019
- Man in court for defiling wife’s sisters, infecting them with HIV - 13 Sep 2019
- Man whose dogs killed boy committed to High Court for trial - 13 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,639 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,629 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,487 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,326 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,318 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend