by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Withdrawal of some NDF participants has vindicated us – HichilemaBy Thomas Mulenga on 10 May 2019
UPND President Hakainde Hichilema says the withdrawal of some participants from the National Dialogue Forum is an indication that the process is not credible.
In a statement, Hichilema insisted that the NDF was a PF engineered process that should not be entrusted with making the constitution.
“The withdrawal by some participants from the ongoing PF engineered and doctored so called National Dialogue Forum (NDF) has clearly vindicated our long held view that this whole process is a sham, mockery and a dubious attempt to legitimise dictatorship and criminality on our nation,” Hichilema said.
“We cannot subject the constitutional making process to an exclusive club of the PF to the exclusion of other key stakeholders who have a broad based agenda for the greater good of all Zambians. We insist on an all-inclusive constitutional making process that must be chaired by a neutral and credible arbitrator who are, in this case, the three church mother bodies who have previously shouldered this responsibility during critical and uncertain times in our nation’s history.”
He called on citizens to speak out against “manipulation of the constitution by the NDF”.
“As citizens, we must not allow another mutilation of our country’s constitution by the PF regime like they did in 2016. This country’s treasury is literally on its knees with no resources worth talking about, yet the PF are once again on a spending spree. This is a futile exercise that is already being discredited and will clearly fail to yield the much desired national consensus,” said Hichilema.
“We urge all citizens to be alert and not be afraid to peacefully voice out their concerns against this violation and manipulation of a sacred document that will ultimately affect all of us in future.”
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,875 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,259 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,647 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,554 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,291 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend