- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 25 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Don’t beat us, tell us where we’re going wrong, Minister Kafwaya urges ZambiansBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jul 2019
If I were going to be beaten, I would rather somebody just tells me what I am not doing right because I am here to serve Zambians, Works and Supply Minister Mutotwe Kafwaya says.
And Kafwaya says by claiming that he can improve the economy immediately after winning elections, UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema is overrating himself just like a peacock aggrandises its wings.
Speaking when he featured on the People’s Debate programme on Pan Africa radio, Wednesday, Kafwaya also said the UPND had no capacity to manage relationships hence the failure of the Opposition Alliance.
Reacting to headlines that followed the beating of the Justice Minister, Kafwaya who is also Lunte PF member of parliament said it was better somebody told him where he was not doing right than resorting to beating.
“To say that more ministers to be beaten is not right but if I were going to be beaten, I would rather somebody just tells me if there is something I am doing wrong because I am here to serve Zambians. So the aspect of planning of beating me up, you just come to my home and we talk. I live among you. Or you come to my office and tell me where you think I am not helping so that I can help or I explain my position. So don’t beat us, let’s talk [because] hatred doesn’t help,” Kafwaya said.
He also said that Hichilema was overrating himself by claiming that the economy would improve the moment he is sworn in as Republican President.
“He is entitled to overrating himself. He can overrate his reputation using the peacocks sense of aggrandisement. The peacock can spread its wings, it aggrandises itself and thinks it’s so big when in fact that may not be the case. You need to measure yourself. And speaking about the UPND, this is a political party which has failed to replaced their vice-president. Two positions of vice presidents, Dr Canisius left many months ago, GBM has left and they have not replaced the position of vice president within the party. Now someone who has failed to replace the two positions of a vice president comes and says ‘when I am announced winner, the economy will improve instantly’ like what has happened with the appointment of Dr Bwalya Ng’andu, the financial markets have responded. This is a party which has failed to even come up with a manifesto,” Kafwaya said.
And Kafwaya accused the UPND to be the main cause of the crumbling opposition alliance saying that the party had failed to manage relationships.
“How many alliances has UPND been into since inception? So UPND has got no capacity to manage relationships. Other political parties have got comedians. But the main player and main cause of this is the UPND because if they had clarity on how they want their partnership to run, they would have known which political parties they could integrate or they can accept. But they accept everything just for them to get numbers. PeP, PAC, and NDC should have known that they were dealing with the UPND. You use principle to create an alliance. Ati tiyeni tibachose chabe (let’s just removed them) it is not you [as an alliance] to remove the sitting government but it is the voters. You can’t hold a press conference just to talk about President Edgar Lungu and think that the Zambian people, those who support him and those who voted for him will be happy with you,” said Kafwaya.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- K1,500 surcharge for CBU students a fundraising venture – Kabwita - 12 Aug 2019
- PF has opened overnight street vending along Lusaka’s Lumumba Rd – Moonga - 12 Aug 2019
- Oasis Forum calls for withdrawal of Constitution bill - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs about US $660bn annually to achieve SDGs – UNCA - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs home-grown solutions for its challenges – Lungu - 8 Aug 2019
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other (2,000 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt (1,441 view)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (1,059 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (972 views)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10 (828 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend