- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
MMD MPs still studying Bill 10By Julia Malunga on 25 Feb 2020
SERENJE MMD member of parliament Maxwell Kabanda says he is still consulting his people on the Constitution Amendment Bill Number 10 of 2019 before deciding whether to support or reject the Bill.
Ahead of the Bill’s presentation for Second Reading, Kabanda said he was still consulting his constituents to gauge their views on the controversial Bill.
“We are consulting the people. We didn’t come here on our own. Did we just come to Lusaka on our own? There are people who had a hand in bringing us here. My constituency is very wide. I had a meeting in Ndabala, I have to go to Mapepala and I have to go to Mabala. So, it a big process,” said Kabanda in an interview.
And in a separate interview, Mkaika MMD member of parliament Peter Phiri said there were some mixed feelings from his people on the bill.
“There are some mixed feelings. Others are saying it is good and others are saying it bad,” said Phiri.
But Sinda Independent member of parliament Masauso Tembo said his people were in support of the Bill.
“I am going to support the Bill. There is nothing wrong with it. All lacunas are okay. The people of Sinda are saying I should go for it,” said Tembo in a separate interview.
About Julia Malunga
Julia is a curious journalist who is determined to unearth the truth and is good at criminal investigations.
Email: julia [at] diggers [dot] news
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya - 7 Apr 2020
- Management studying UNZALARU’s petition against Mwanza, Bukowa – VC - 6 Apr 2020
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 - 6 Apr 2020
- Kampyongo’s mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable – NAC - 6 Apr 2020
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND - 6 Apr 2020
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,258 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,759 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,418 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,181 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,940 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend